Foreigners Cannot Buy Travel In Pesos??

After travelling down to Patagoinia now, and talking to many fellow travellers, no requirements arising for tourists to pay in dollars! (as of yet anyway) Hopefully this article from the profesional website has grossly misinterpreted the decree.

However frequently arbitrary this government may be, it is no less often inept at executing its own measures.

After travelling down to Patagoinia now, and talking to many fellow travellers, no requirements arising for tourists to pay in dollars! (as of yet anyway) Hopefully this article from the profesional website has grossly misinterpreted the decree.

Guess it applies only to purchase of foreign travel services by non-residents.i.e. Uruguayans buying packages for Orlando...!

Guess it applies only to purchase of foreign travel services by non-residents.i.e. Uruguayans buying packages for Orlando...!

I think it will be more of a 'travel agency selling packages that they book online' kind of thing.

A non resident friend went to MVD last week, with Buquebus, he paid in pesos cash.

Some visiting yanqui friends just told me last night that they were required to pay with credit card or USD for the Buquebus. I'm not saying this is how it will be for all visitors from now on, just passing on the info.

Some visiting yanqui friends just told me last night that they were required to pay with credit card or USD for the Buquebus. I'm not saying this is how it will be for all visitors from now on, just passing on the info.
I think it will be more of a 'travel agency selling packages that they book online' kind of thing.

Will see, nonresident individuals buying online or in person must pay in foreign currency.

Not really a good case study but I bought a long distance bus ticket with pesos after showing british passport.

I am an Argentine who lives abroad, but has local address, too (incl. local services: light, gas in my name). Spouse is foreign, non-resident.

Interested in a trip: Tigre AR-Carmelo UY... two companies ... two different rationales. Cacciole vs Lineas Delta

Cacciole added 35% to ticket price for locals, internet price was in the ARS450 area, and was told that when I saw the price she wrote in the ARS650 area. Foreigners, it is ARS500, which has to be paid in USD == USD75 - cash or credit card.

Lineas Delta ARS550 - local, foreign, no difference in price ... all paid in pesos.

Having read through the thread, the first company seems to be acting correctly, yet why this discrepancy when the service offered is the same?

Rescinded the 35% charge for travel?

http://www.clarin.com/politica/Kicillof-confirmo-retencion-compras-exterior_0_1072093119.html

Back