Foreigners may be forced to pay for free health care while in the country.

Bajo_cero2 - Do you have any idea of what Federal law is?

Yes...
Generally Federal Law means the body of law created by the federal government of a country and applies to everyone in that country.
Provincial (state) and local laws passed at that legislative level only apply to people who live or work in a particular province, state, commonwealth, territory, county, city, municipality, town, township or village.

I did the right question.
There are province law that cannot be about foreigners (we agree about that), national laws made by the Federal Congress regarding ordinary law or common law that here is based on imperial roman law based on the address and you have Federal laws that means that in the same territory you have different law sistems (Roman, American, Germanic) based on address or the nationality or the forum.

In Argentina the Court organization is by Federal Law that replicares the Us system; the common law is based in the British address of the roman empire law while foreigners have a special status based on germanic common law based in the non argentine nationality.

So, only the Federal Congress can legislate about foreigners.

It must be by a Federal Law not by a national (common) law.

Because as far as I see is all province laws and decrees.....
In my opinion, the phrase inadequately defines what is a federal law.

Here we agree, but this is what they are doing [wrong].

I've heard about this but will this apply to all extranjeros? Even those of us with permanent residency who actually pay taxes and work "en blanco" and all that good stuff? Where is the line being drawn?

I've heard about this but will this apply to all extranjeros? Even those of us with permanent residency who actually pay taxes and work "en blanco" and all that good stuff? Where is the line being drawn?
No, this is only meant to be about people without any kind of residency or ties to the country, jumping the border, going to the hospital and then jumping the border back home.It is not even about illegal aliens that do reside in the country as their access to services is granted by the National Constitution.

20 March 2018
http://www.ambito.com/915707-mas-provincias-limitrofes-apuran-cobro-de-salud-a-los-extranjeros

.....After the agreement signed at the beginning of the month by the Peronist governor from Salta Juan Manuel Urtubey with his Bolivian counterpart Tarija where a compensation scheme was sought between both subnational states that will not impact the pockets of ordinary citizens, now the Government of Neuquén de Omar Gutiérrez advances in an agreement with Chile of similar characteristics......

Back