Foreigners (Tourists & Non-Res) Cannot Use Ars For Travel

Another major travel agency that I am familiar with in BA just stopped selling travel for foreigners on Tuesday if they don't have a DNI. I haven't seen a new decree but someone is turning the screws... I don't see how a perma-tourist escapes it. Any other reports? (I'm selfishly happy to be a permanent resident right now).

Another major travel agency that I am familiar with in BA just stopped selling travel for foreigners on Tuesday if they don't have a DNI. I haven't seen a new decree but someone is turning the screws... I don't see how a perma-tourist escapes it. Any other reports? (I'm selfishly happy to be a permanent resident right now).
Legalize their status and stop skirting immigration laws?

Lots of Wishful thinking- Two classes now short-term and perma tourists ??
i just dont see why its so hard for people who want to live here to just go to migraciones and legalize their status. Life would be so much easier with a DNI.

Basically says if anybody within your booking it a non-resident you must pay with a credit card registered in their name.

Does anybody know if the other carriers are rejecting pesos from foreigners? Colonia express etc.

Cheers

This makes sense as Buquebus is a Uruguayan company and needs to get their money out of the country through the Central Bank. I would assume any other foreign carriers are doing the same.

This makes sense as Buquebus is a Uruguayan company and needs to get their money out of the country through the Central Bank. I would assume any other foreign carriers are doing the same.

You are correct however,
BuqueBus Argentina, is incorporated in Argentina, with Uruguayan partners, Same case as LAN Argentina.
Foreign corporations can't operate in Argentina
Would this apply for say Sheraton Hotels Argentina , a franchise?

No trouble paying for hotel in Villa La Angostura. I do notice there are big lines at the YPF station tonight, wondering if there might be a fuel shortage.

i just dont see why its so hard for people who want to live here to just go to migraciones and legalize their status. Life would be so much easier with a DNI.
Try living in a country, which doesn't allow dual citizenship and you will understand.

Would this apply for say Sheraton Hotels Argentina , a franchise?

I assume if they have a need to get their money out through the Central Bank at the official exchange rates it should apply as well. Does not seem to be the case based on what people are saying though.

Back