Free Concerts In Buenos Aires

Islamic Center,
Avenida San Juán 3053
Sunday, August 2nd at 8:30 pm

TICKETS ARE ALL GONE FOR THIS CONCERT.

While getting tickets this morning for the Orquesta Estable de Teatro Colon concert tomorrow at La Usina del Arte, I asked how the tickets are handled for this East-West Divan Brass Quintet concert at the Islamic Center. The woman gave me a telephone number to call the Islamic Center for information. I called and heard the news that there are no more tickets for the concert this Sunday. I don't know when or where they were handed out. The date and location were changed.

Two more peace concerts are scheduled this week on Wednesday (Libertad 769) and Thursday (Rivadavia and San Martin). It's possible that those tickets are gone as well.

A string quartet performs on Wednesday at the Gran Rex at 1.

There is a concert on Sunday at Teatro Colon (flute/cello/piano). Tickets are handed out on Friday morning at 10 hs, so get in line early. Their website has been redesigned and ruined in the process with less information.

The Orquesta Filarmonica de Buenos Aires perform Spanish composers at La Usina del Arte on Sept 12. Tickets are available Friday 11th at 10am at the TC box office.

Someone is always handing out concert fliers to people in line at the Gran Rex concerts, and today was no exception. We were given one about a piano concert series at the Fundacion Beethoven, Avenida Santa Fe 1452, on Sept 7, 14, 21 and 28 at 19 hs. The first three are by French pianists, and the last by one from Israel. They are sponsored by the Fundacion Encuentros Internacionales de Musica Contemporanea for the 47th festival internacional Encuentros 2015 directed by Alicia Terzian.

One of the best kept secrets is that a limited number of free admissions are given to the public for open rehearsals of the Orquesta Filarmonica de Buenos Aires at Teatro Colon. They rehearse at 10 hs the day of the concert. A friend gave me a ticket for tomorrow's rehearsal. It will be the first time I attend a rehearsal. She knows someone who knew when they were given out. The admission is restricted to main floor capacity. Lucky me!

I won two tickets to attend a concert at theater Colon tomorrow at 5 PM. They were handed out by Ente de Turismo de la Ciudad de Buenos Aires

Orquesta Académica del Instituto Superior de Arte del Teatro Colón

Mtro. Glenn BLOCK, Director

Fernanda MORELLO y José Luis JURI, Solistas de Piano

Jueves 3 de Septiembre de 2015 - 17 hs. - Teatro Colón

Programa

Samuel BARBER Adagio para cuerdas (1936)

(1910-1981)

Francis POULENC Concierto para 2 Pianos y Orquesta en re menor FP 61 (1932)

(1899-1963)

I. Allegro ma non troppo

II. Larghetto

III. Allegro molto

Antonin DVORÁK Sinfonía No. 9 en mi menor Op. 95 "Del Nuevo Mundo" (1893)

(1841-1904)

I. Adagio - Allegro molto

II. Largo

III. Molto vivace

IV. Allegro con fuoco

One of the best kept secrets is that a limited number of free admissions are given to the public for open rehearsals of the Orquesta Filarmonica de Buenos Aires at Teatro Colon.

The three-hour rehearsal included Nabucco Overture (Verdi), Piano Concerto (Tchaikovsky), the 3rd Symphony (Brahms). We sat in fifth row center. I was curious about the price of the concert ticket and checked the site to see that our seats cost 900 pesos.

The next open rehearsal is Sept 22 at 10am for the Sept 24 concert, so they aren't rehearsing the same day as the performance. Check the day before at the box office if you're interested in going.

Those interested in attending the open rehearsal of the Orquesta Filarmonica de Buenos Aires on Sept. 24 at 10:00am are advised that a limited number of tickets will be given to the public at the Teatro Colon box office from 10:00am on Tuesday, Sept 22.

The Orquesta Filarmonica de Buenos Aires gives another concert on Thursday night. That means today is the day to obtain tickets for the Thursday morning open rehearsal at the Teatro Colon box office from 10.

The Swingsters Big Band will give a concert on Sunday, October 4, 17 hs. in the amphitheater at Parque Centennario in Caballito.

Jazzologia on Tuesday, October 20 at 20,30 hs. especially if you're a fan of John Coltrane
http://agendacultural.buenosaires.gob.ar/evento/sergio-petravich-cuarteto-jazzologia/11850

Back