Free Concerts In Buenos Aires

The Chamber Orchestra of the National Congress will offer a first concert of the new cycle “Novena Musical 2024. Different notes, a single Nation” next Friday, March 15 at 8:00 p.m. in the Basilica of Our Lady of Socorro (Juncal 880. CABA).
The cycle, which will continue for the remaining nine months in different Catholic temples in the city, is added to the official season of concerts that take place in the Legislative Palace.
In this presentation the program will be composed of works by European composers: Mozart, Franck, Saint-Saëns, Rodrigo and Roussel.

The concerts at Facultad de Derecho begin on Saturday, March 23 at 4pm and 6pm

A personal note about the reservation system this year for concerts in Centro Cultural Kirchner.

During the past few years, the reservation system was simple. I receive the agenda of concerts in advance by email. Then two days before a concert, I enter the reservation system for the specific concert and add my information. I receive confirmation by email which can be presented to enter on a cell or printed. The public lines up in the hallway and the auditorium is open for entry a half hour before the concert time. This process worked.

This season a new one is being tested. The public can obtain two tickets per person from 2pm until 6pm in CCK for the 8pm concert or online starting at 2pm until all have been reserved. One has to arrive before 6pm to obtain a paper ticket for a concert that begins at 8pm, because there is a long line of people without reservations. That means early travel to CCK and then waiting for hours until the concert. I did this once and will not be going again until they revise it. I will listen to the concerts online. My schedule on March 6 was leaving home at 5:15 to walk to the subte, travel to CCK, find the correct line to collect a ticket for my reservation after giving my DNI, then passing time on the plaza from 5:45 until 7:00pm, entering to get in line and wait for the auditorium to be opened at 7:30, wait until 8:00pm for the concert to begin. I arrived home at 10:30pm. It was total chaos in CCK. People were still being seated in the upper balcony as the concert began. I hope they work out the logistics and revise the system.

They had a system that worked for years, but they are "testing" a new one. When attending other concerts, I show up, get in line for a short time, enter the hall, and sit where I want to. No reservation is required for the Orquesta de Camara concerts or those at the Legislatura on Fridays which have smaller audiences, but there are always seats available for everyone.

A personal note about the reservation system this year for concerts in Centro Cultural Kirchner.

During the past few years, the reservation system was simple. I receive the agenda of concerts in advance by email. Then two days before a concert, I enter the reservation system for the specific concert and add my information. I receive confirmation by email which can be presented to enter on a cell or printed. The public lines up in the hallway and the auditorium is open for entry a half hour before the concert time. This process worked.

This season a new one is being tested. The public can obtain two tickets per person from 2pm until 6pm in CCK for the 8pm concert or online starting at 2pm until all have been reserved. One has to arrive before 6pm to obtain a paper ticket for a concert that begins at 8pm, because there is a long line of people without reservations. That means early travel to CCK and then waiting for hours until the concert. I did this once and will not be going again until they revise it. I will listen to the concerts online. My schedule on March 6 was leaving home at 5:15 to walk to the subte, travel to CCK, find the correct line to collect a ticket for my reservation after giving my DNI, then passing time on the plaza from 5:45 until 7:00pm, entering to get in line and wait for the auditorium to be opened at 7:30, wait until 8:00pm for the concert to begin. I arrived home at 10:30pm. It was total chaos in CCK. People were still being seated in the upper balcony as the concert began. I hope they work out the logistics and revise the system.

They had a system that worked for years, but they are "testing" a new one. When attending other concerts, I show up, get in line for a short time, enter the hall, and sit where I want to. No reservation is required for the Orquesta de Camara concerts or those at the Legislatura on Fridays which have smaller audiences, but there are always seats available for everyone.
Thanks! I see the announcement of the upcoming concert. But is there a schedule somewhere for the rest of the year?

Pity they changed the system. How do you find out about the other concert venues you mentioned?

Pity they changed the system. How do you find out about the other concert venues you mentioned?
The new system is in the trial stage. The first concert of the Orquesta Filharmonic at Parque Centenario was extremely disorganized. They keep attendees standing for hours instead of opening the gates an hour before the concert to avoid a rush at the door. That actually happened for those who didn't have a ticket. I didn't bother to look for a seat and stood in the back where I had a view of the orchestra.

I am on mailing lists and spend time checking websites and Facebook for concert information. I've been posting to this thread for ten years, so you will find many links here for free concerts.

I am sure this has absolutely nothing to do with Milei's new libertarian staff which now runs the CCK, or the firing of many former employees who actually knew how to run things...

I am sure this has absolutely nothing to do with Milei's new libertarian staff which now runs the CCK, or the firing of many former employees who actually knew how to run things...
You are speculating. I don't know about the CCK but I know that the Teatro Colon is a bureaucratic mess and has been so long before Milei. I remember some years ago showing up for an opera. As I arrived people were pouring out of the theatre walking down the steps onto Libertad. Someone had made the decision to reschedule the operas with only a small notice in La Nacion. Paloma Herrera could not put up with the nonsense when she was director of the Ballet Estable of the Colon. One of her complaints was having to keep sixty year old dancers on staff.

More on the new reservation system used by Centro Cultural Kirchner.
They have changed from an internal message to using GOGGLE FORMS where the full name, email address, DNI, and date of birth are no longer private. This is another reason why I do not plan on making anymore advance reservations for concerts at CCK.

I received a phone call today from a man who claimed he is my "nieto" and did a very bad job of saying my English surname. He was coughing, trying to make small talk, and said we talked only three days ago. I kept asking questions, and he finally hung up the phone. I thought this was strange. How would someone, a total stranger, get my name and phone number? I immediately realized the possibility that he or someone working at CCK with access to the concert reservation lists decided to look for someone old who could be confused and easily scammed. This may or may not be the case, but it seems possible.

The Goggle form contains the following details

This is a ticket reservation request form. Therefore, completing it does not automatically guarantee your ticket reservation. To attend the event, please follow the following steps: (the previous system confirmed your reservation for 1 or 2 tickets)

a) Make sure you correctly include your email in the form data (an existing address that you use, without typos).

b) After confirming and sending the form, wait for the confirmation email, which will be sent to the email box you registered within the next 24 hours (check your Spam or junk mail folders).

c) With confirmation of the ticket/s reservation, on the day of the event you must collect the physical ticket/s at the Ground Floor counters, between 2 and 6 p.m. (who is going to arrive at 2:00pm to collect a ticket for a concert held at 8:00pm? Tickets are not collected or presented at the auditorium entrance, so why do they waste paper printing them?)

Tickets that have not been withdrawn within this period will be available as of 6 p.m. as a remainder, to be reassigned to the public who request it.

This ticket reservation request procedure is provisional: we apologize for any inconvenience it may cause you. We are working to implement a new ticket system.

For questions about tickets, you can write to us at: [email protected]

More on the new reservation system used by Centro Cultural Kirchner.
They have changed from an internal message to using GOGGLE FORMS where the full name, email address, DNI, and date of birth are no longer private. This is another reason why I do not plan on making anymore advance reservations for concerts at CCK.

I received a phone call today from a man who claimed he is my "nieto" and did a very bad job of saying my English surname. He was coughing, trying to make small talk, and said we talked only three days ago. I kept asking questions, and he finally hung up the phone. I thought this was strange. How would someone, a total stranger, get my name and phone number? I immediately realized the possibility that he or someone working at CCK with access to the concert reservation lists decided to look for someone old who could be confused and easily scammed. This may or may not be the case, but it seems possible.

The Goggle form contains the following details

This is a ticket reservation request form. Therefore, completing it does not automatically guarantee your ticket reservation. To attend the event, please follow the following steps: (the previous system confirmed your reservation for 1 or 2 tickets)

a) Make sure you correctly include your email in the form data (an existing address that you use, without typos).

b) After confirming and sending the form, wait for the confirmation email, which will be sent to the email box you registered within the next 24 hours (check your Spam or junk mail folders).

c) With confirmation of the ticket/s reservation, on the day of the event you must collect the physical ticket/s at the Ground Floor counters, between 2 and 6 p.m. (who is going to arrive at 2:00pm to collect a ticket for a concert held at 8:00pm? Tickets are not collected or presented at the auditorium entrance, so why do they waste paper printing them?)

Tickets that have not been withdrawn within this period will be available as of 6 p.m. as a remainder, to be reassigned to the public who request it.

This ticket reservation request procedure is provisional: we apologize for any inconvenience it may cause you. We are working to implement a new ticket system.

For questions about tickets, you can write to us at: [email protected]
Will you attend future concerts at CCK under these conditions?

Back