From Boston to BsAs...

CourtneyenBsAs

Registered
Hi everyone, I am an exchange student from Boston currently living in (and loving) BA. I am dying to get out and explore and find awesome places and things in the short time that I will be here. Does anyone have any tips on what I absolutely should not miss? Any tips on what is usually given a lot of hype but could be missed(or spent less time on)? Also, I am very interested in traveling, but considering that I dont have a whole lot of time, I need to pick and choose wisely. Is there any advice anyone could give me regarding any of these topics?
Thanks so much!

CourtneyenBsAs said:
Any tips on what is usually given a lot of hype but could be missed(or spent less time on)? Also, I am very interested in traveling, but considering that I dont have a whole lot of time, I need to pick and choose wisely.

http://www.buenosaires-argentina.com/nightlife/club-atletico-fernandez-fierro.html

There was a Tango Show that I saw two weeks ago that was really unusual and quite nice. It was just Tango Music but almost heavy Tango if there is such a thing. I was skeptical at best before the show but was enthralled by the end of the show. Besides the intensity of the music and lights it was 20 pesos (for a table) well spent. It is in Almagro.

~John~

Don't miss having a Peruvian meal at the Status restaurant on Virrey Cevallos, a block or so from the Congreso. It's very reasonable, very good, and not too crowded if you arrive at the unheard hour of 8:00 at night. Malba is a wonderful museum, if you haven't seen it. Take some tango lessons from Romina and Carlos on Chacabuco Street. (their website is Nuestromundotango.)

Hi, Courtney,
You don't mention your tastes...So here goes based on my "nature" itinerary. When you want to travel out of BA...everything gorgeous in Argentina is pretty far, like Iguazu Falls (worth it!), Bariloche region (I love Villa Langostura), and the Mendoza wine/Andes region. I take my short-time visitors to Uruguay--and they love Punta del Este and the drive north along the lonely shore. Closer to home, folks enjoy a boat ride in the Delta Region. One of my favorite things is the bridge itself from Rosario (attractive city with nicely developed coastal area) to Victoria (interesting pueblo with abbey)...and renting a car would make it really great to stop and look around. Hope you'll report back!
PS I just got back from Boston...love that city!

Check out Buenos Aires International Students (BAIS Argentina)

They organize a ton of events, group travel to Iguazu, Bariloche, etc as well as nightlife, sporting events, trips to soccer games etc and its run by international students from all over the world (and a couple argentines too). the events are cheap and fun.

www.baisargentina.com is the website but they post everything on Facebook.

Suerte!

Back