Garbage disposers

NickF

Registered
Does anyone have a garbage disposer in their kitchen sink? Are those used in BA? I haven't noticed them and certainly would make cleanup easier...

same thing with dishwashers...

I have a garbage disposer and a dishwasher. I had to replace the 1985 model last year with a new one, the old one sounded like a 747 spooling up for take-off. Most locals prefer to wash dishes in the sink, but I still prefer to wash with the high temperatures of the dishwasher.

I've had one place here in the last 6 years (out of about 10 places I've lived) that had a garbage disposer - the house I rented in a closed neighborhood in Pilar. It did not have a dish washer.

My current apartment does not have a garbage disposer, but does have a dishwasher. Go figure.

Of course, the dishwasher is so small and frail that it really doesn't do good for 4 people...we end up washing a lot of dishes by hand anyway.

I have a garbage disposal, but I had to ask my architect to put one in when I did my remodel. Apartments don't come with them by default.

I have a dishwasher thanks to a friend that was transfered here with a multinational company - which was supposed to be for 5 years and only lasted 8 months. They gave him a nice allowance to buy appliances, and when his time was cut short I got some of them for very very cheap. Anyway the dishwasher is a whirlpool but it's so basic, just a dial and 2 buttons on the front. And of course the owners manual doesn't say what any of the controls really do, just explains - this is the dial with numbers for different programs and these buttons turn the thing on and off - go figure. Outside is all white and it's all stainless steel on the inside. It does do a good job of washing, but it is extremely noisy and the racks inside don't hold the dishes in place very well. I recently saw this model in Garbarino - it costs $4300 pesos for a dishwasher that is nothing to speak of at all.

Back