Generally How Much Is Your Electricity Bill

As I'm sure that most of you have already realized and something that I've mentioned before on this forum.these utility subsidies were meant to cover everybody as a way to pay off or "tapar la boca" of the monied classes..Expecting that they would look the other way at the more obvious and anti-democratic policies taken by the Kirchners.They were fairly successful in this until Kristina's populism and Axel's inflation really got totally over the top.Peronism,FpV whatever it's populism gone beserk.

As I'm sure that most of you have already realized and something that I've mentioned before on this forum.these utility subsidies were meant to cover everybody as a way to pay off or "tapar la boca" of the monied classes..Expecting that they would look the other way at the more obvious and anti-democratic policies taken by the Kirchners.They were fairly successful in this until Kristina's populism and Axel's inflation really got totally over the top.Peronism,FpV whatever it's populism gone beserk.

To be fair to Axel, the inflation was out of control before he took over. Not that he stopped it.

Most of you are a bunch of spoiled brats with what you pay for electricity and other utilities. In Southern California, it's just two of us, and we pay about $200 dollars each month for electricity. In the summer, when I turn the a/c on, it's twice as much. And you pay $10 per month? Spoiled, spoiled!!!!

Water? We have a small yard, and we pay about $100 dollars each month. We don't flush the toilet each time, and we have water restricted in our showers, so barely any comes out when you shower. Because of the severe drought, our water use has gone done about 30%. We have a yellow lawn. But, the bill amount is the same. Go figure!!!

Cable TV and Internet? $210 dollars each month and we don't have any of those fancy recorders.

ABL? I pay about $1,000 dollars in Buenos Aires. In my house in S. California, I pay five times that amount in property taxes, and that does not include garbage collection. That's another bill.

When I go to San Francisco and use Bart (the underground), it's a minimum of like $5 anywhere you go. The bus? Minimum is $2.50

And don't get me started on what I have to pay for insurance: homeowners, auto, workmen's compensation, and so on.

However, in general, we tend to earn more money here in the USA than you do in Argentina, but when it comes to utilities and transportation costs, you guys are in heaven!

Most of you are a bunch of spoiled brats with what you pay for electricity and other utilities. In Southern California, it's just two of us, and we pay about $200 dollars each month for electricity. In the summer, when I turn the a/c on, it's twice as much. And you pay $10 per month? Spoiled, spoiled!!!!

Water? We have a small yard, and we pay about $100 dollars each month. We don't flush the toilet each time, and we have water restricted in our showers, so barely any comes out when you shower. Because of the severe drought, our water use has gone done about 30%. We have a yellow lawn. But, the bill amount is the same. Go figure!!!

Cable TV and Internet? $210 dollars each month and we don't have any of those fancy recorders.

ABL? I pay about $1,000 dollars in Buenos Aires. In my house in S. California, I pay five times that amount in property taxes, and that does not include garbage collection. That's another bill.

When I go to San Francisco and use Bart (the underground), it's a minimum of like $5 anywhere you go. The bus? Minimum is $2.50

And don't get me started on what I have to pay for insurance: homeowners, auto, workmen's compensation, and so on.

However, in general, we tend to earn more money here in the USA than you do in Argentina, but when it comes to utilities and transportation costs, you guys are in heaven!

Indeed, and everybody here is saying they are "in heaven" and that their utilities are incredibly cheap and should be higher. Where are the spoilt brats?

Indeed, and everybody here is saying they are "in heaven" and that their utilities are incredibly cheap and should be higher. Where are the spoilt brats?

That's the point, I feel I don't pay electricity, because sending bill probably cost more than I pay. This just shows how stupid this subsidies are. First, there are millions of poorer people that pay full bill in this country. Second, even if you subsidize electricity, there has to be some limit, calculated at minimum, otherwise expenditure goes crazy, what reflects in blackouts and too high consumption.

Of course in other countries I lived, I paid 10 times higher price, I was careful about usage and all, but never complained about it. First, inflation didn't bite huge part of my salary, which was, though under average, completely sufficient to come through months. Second, I didn't have to buy foreign currency to save some money at outrageous price, food was cheaper, goods available ... Third, my electricity never went off without warning ... And there is more, just hate, when Yankees complain about prices there, when forgetting about funds they are operating from a start.

Decent TV, internet and phone service here is just as pricey if not more than in the states obviously, but due to poor quality at least I don't feel disadvantaged not having TV. What is much better here is possibility to steal everything from internet, without big brother going berserk ;)

I think we pay around 50 pesos or less. We are 2 people and we work at home, so we are using our place 24/7. However, the previous tenant was a girl working outside and she spent more than us! This was also the case in our old place: the girl that used to live there used much more electricity and gas than the two of us. We started wondering if they let everything on when going away because there is no way they could consume that much. We cook, have computers on all the time, turn on lights as soon as necessary, have a dishwasher, a washing machine, a kitchen machine, etc.

Back