Generally How Much Is Your Electricity Bill

@Serafina

They actually do. My upper neighbor leave both AC running even during weekends she is out of town. You know, just in case ...

@rickulivi
I assume you've got your tongue in your cheek, it's all relative. The AR$1500 we pay for electricity at home is equal to a month's rent for my shop and that's the kind of yardstick I use. I long gave up equating to USD as it doesn't compute.
As for subsidies? They should be phased out. The government can't afford them and should be changed into a credit system for the needy.

However, in general, we tend to earn more money here in the USA than you do in Argentina, but when it comes to utilities and transportation costs, you guys are in heaven!

Its especially heavenly when these unsustainable low energy prices result in blackouts during the hottest days in the summer because there isn't enough money to fix the current infrastructure or to buy oil or what have you. You don't have water to shower or drink. You are especially blessed if you're on a high floor in your building when you have to carry buckets full of water up your stairway to heaven. Every sweating, dehydrated being in that moment can't stop singing "Hallelujah"!

@ serafina & Others

To be able to compare must state KWH consumed and cost $/kwh from the bill, otherwise there is no basis for comparison, if some one is in a subsidized area. Be curious to know how many KWH Serafina consumes??

Thanks

Only one year ago, the OP treated himself to a meal at the Palacio Duhau in Recoleta where the tab was 1,800 pesos.

My Edesur bill is 22 pesos. I eat at home.

Only one year ago, the OP treated himself to a meal at the Palacio Duhau in Recoleta where the tab was 1,800 pesos.

My Edesur bill is 22 pesos. I eat at home.

Good ... how many KWH you consumed? to find out your $/kwh .

Recoleta has a different $/kwh cost. Its like apples and oranges?? Someone says I pay 20 someone else 50 others 150...??

Thanks

I can afford to treat my self to 1800 pesos meals, on a dailyyyy basis - but I rather not, as I am a big believer of philanthropy!

First of all, stop being so envious! And then --Stop being a lazy arse; Work hard, educate yourself professionally, learn how to make money, learn how to save money and finally learn how to invest money --- and you can do it too..instead of doing Tango/ and attending concerts, all night long in BA and leading your chosen path of life.

---

Having said that, it does not imply, I can not start such a discussion! Or because my electricity bill is 125 pesos a month , henceforth, I am able to have a 1800 pesos meal or If I can afford to have a 1800 pesos meal, I should turn a blind eye to what I pay for utilities or I should stop keeping a tab on what is happening in the city, I live in.

Consumed: 500kwh (I have some doubts anyone is even checking this, since is the same, even if I am missing 3 weeks and turn everything off - could be average per year)
price: 0.365$/kwh
Subsidio: 122 ars
paid: 60
days: 62

2 people, mostly at home, working outside (no gas)

Consumed: 500kwh (I have some doubts anyone is even checking this, since is the same, even if I am missing 3 weeks and turn everything off - could be average per year)
price: 0.365$/kwh
Subsidio: 122 ars
paid: 60
days: 62

2 people, mostly at home, working outside (no gas)

makes sense thanks . Believe they are too lazy to read the meters , they write the same as last month...!!

550 x0.365 = $2007 less 122 = $ 78.75 which is Close to $60 may be other 10 % discounts for reduction in average use.

Lucky you have subsidy....!! 550 kwh is an average usage,,,

I was using below 300 kwh but with the new electric Termotanque went over 500 kwh.... Suggestion plug the termotanque only 30 minutes before showering...$$$

I am not saying I don't like subsidio, the stake I get for exactly this amount goes nicely down my throat. But still would prefer coming home knowing there is electricity and certainly I wouldn't miss this feeling lying in my bed, hoping electricity will be back in the morning and I won't have to carry all my food to friends house. It doesn't happen often and never for long time, but still you can not be sure ...

Termotanque: If I would be somewhere else, I would already put it on 40ºC with timer, but here I don't care, too much hassle. At first I was saving electricity everywhere possible, but then you see the bill and neighbors and found it silly, that I would be the only sucker saving the world. I still care about it, but where is my comfort involved, I don't care much anymore.

However, my new termotanque is quite good (the old one exploded after warranty expired), is only 50l and I run it on 60ºC the most, which is enough for us, so we are using even less electricity than before (it is actually reflected on consumption - it always shows we are using less than previous years).

I am waiting they hit me with reality, to start sparing energy again ;)

Back