Get ready for less imported products!

jayjane said:
steveinbsas said:
Let's take this to it's logical conclusion.

Stop importing people (especially from the United States).

Just to clarify here... Although I may be imported, my husband is Argentine. Despite growing up in this system, he finds things like this just as annoying as I do. I don´t think this type of frustration is really felt differently from one culture to another.

But hey, at least they still have LED T.V.s. I guess they are making them in Tierra Del Fuego. Go industria Argentina!

My husband is Argentine too and he has days where he is ready to pack up and move back to the States. He moved away from Argentina 13 years ago when he was in his early 20's because he couldn't stand the way they were running the country. 5 years ago we started planning our move back to Argentina. Got here 2 years ago and he is over it already. So go ahead and make your comments that if we don't like it we should get out. The truth is we moved here to allow our kids to have the freedom to be kids and learn to live by not having the biggest and best stuff, but who knows how long that will if this country keeps going the way it is.

Argentina is the third world? I can't imagine what you would make of Africa and Asia then, for example.

This may be off topic and I certainly have my criticisms about this country, however I don't think that availability of certain brands of electronics and appliances are what makes a country 1st world or 3rd world. When I lived in New York City (my hometown), I remember when I remodeled my kitchen, I had to choose between literally 50 brands of dishwashers, microwaves, oven/stove combinations, trash compactors, washers, instant hot water spigot, you name it.......did any of that better my life or make me any happier?.......NO!.......Yesterday I was on Av. Cabildo looking around in all the big electronics stores, Fravega, Hiper Rodo, Garbarino, etc. and there were tons of items and the stores were all packed with people shopping. Prices are higher here for many of these items so instead of having 2 LCD TVs you have 1, instead of having all of those small kitchen appliances in the cabinets for years collecting dust you only buy them if you are really going to use them. Just my humble opinion.......

Davidglen77 said:
This may be off topic and I certainly have my criticisms about this country, however I don't think that availability of certain brands of electronics and appliances are what makes a country 1st world or 3rd world. When I lived in New York City (my hometown), I remember when I remodeled my kitchen, I had to choose between literally 50 brands of dishwashers, microwaves, oven/stove combinations, trash compactors, washers, instant hot water spigot, you name it.......did any of that better my life or make me any happier?.......NO!.......Yesterday I was on Av. Cabildo looking around in all the big electronics stores, Fravega, Hiper Rodo, Garbarino, etc. and there were tons of items and the stores were all packed with people shopping. Prices are higher here for many of these items so instead of having 2 LCD TVs you have 1, instead of having all of those small kitchen appliances in the cabinets for years collecting dust you only buy them if you are really going to use them. Just my humble opinion.......

I'm all about simple living. I haven't owned a TV in 5 years, but I can't really agree with this. Electronics here are just too expensive.

El Duderino said:
I'm all about simple living. I haven't owned a TV in 5 years, but I can't really agree with this. Electronics here are just too expensive.

I would rather pay more for the occasional electronics purchase than having to worry about hospital bill for thousands of $$$ (like in the US) if I one day have to go to the hospital. It's all about what's important to you.

Example, about 10 years ago, I had an allergy attack while living in New York, I woke up in the middle of the night and couldn't breathe. I called 911 and was taken by ambulance about 15 blocks to the emergency room at St. Lukes Roosevelt Hospital. I was there about 4 hours waiting, was given an oxygen mask and a shot of benadryl along with having my vital signs taken. I was then sent home. Total bill $3,500 U$D. The ambulance alone was $600 U$D. I tried to get my insurance to cover this but they wouldn't because they said I needed pre-approval to go to the emergency room and they only cover the cost of emergency room visits if I end up getting admitted to the hospital. I tried to fight this and even had my employer get involved, but had no luck. I went to the hospital billing department and what they were able to do for me is let me pay off the bill in 7 monthly payments. So while again it's not perfect here I would rather pay more for some luxuries but have peace of mind and $0 expense for what is a lot more important.

Back