Getting Fingerprints for FBI

camberiu

Registered
Hi,

I need to get my fingerprints done for a FBI background check. Is there any place in Argentina where someone can professionally collect the fingerprints? Thanks.

camberiu said:
Hi,

I need to get my fingerprints done for a FBI background check. Is there any place in Argentina where someone can professionally collect the fingerprints? Thanks.

My lawyer accompanied me to a police station when I did it. He had the FBI card with him, and they took the fingerprints on the FBI cards. As far as I know, that's where you have to go. I don't know if you can go to any one of them, or if there are only certain ones that do fingerprinting like that. Probably just pop into your local comiseria and ask them what the process is.

Any comisaria should be able to take your fingerprints. I suggest they make several sets on the official (and downloadable) FBI forms and I suggest you submit all of them to the FBI. They (the local police) are used to making multiple sets of the usual suspects. Ask a day in advance, go early in the morning, and bring a dozen medialunas as a tip (MUCH CHEAPER THAN A LAWYER!).

I had this done several years ago when I first got here at the comisaría at the corner of Santa Fe and Gurruchaga. I've known a few people over the years that have tried to get them done at other police stations and some were turned away. So if you are convenient to this comisaría then definitely go there. I agree with Steve 100% about the medialunas, police don't get many kudos from people so even small treats are very much appreciated. Good luck.

The police also (seem to) love the round multiple layered bread thing...but I don't know what it's called in castellano. If a dozen medialunes cost a bit more, I suggest you opt for the latter.

Thank you for the tips guys. I will give it a shot. Will buy some empanadas too. Thanks again.

steveinbsas said:
The police also (seem to) love the round multiple layered bread thing...but I don't know what it's called in castellano. If a dozen medialunes cost a bit more, I suggest you opt for the latter.

I think you're talking about a "Cremona", it's round raised dough with a hole in the middle and all around the edges the dough is cut into fringes. Not very tasty in my opinion but I guess if you are a mate drinker it gives you a nice full stomach of baked dough.

I never offered a Cremoma, but I watched one being devoured in the back room of the comiseria as the police drank their morning mate while I was waiting for my fingerprints to be taken. I couldn't keep my eyes off the hooks on the walls and wonder what happened to anyone who was ever held there as a "criminal" suspect.

You might want to enquiry what type of paper is required for your purpose. They do use two types depending the filing destination or if they will be shared by data-transmission.

Just saying.

Back