Getting Married - Facing Immigration Problems (Advise Sought)

I'm guessing your visa / residency depends on your future spouse? Because if you had residency independently nobody, certainly neither the police nor Migraciones could care less.

You can get married now, more or less, with the pandemic it's obviously a very reduced procedure with your partner and 2 witnesses, but there doesn't seem to be any problem in getting a date in the near future for a civil registry wedding.

I worry about the DNI too, I guess in 3-4 years of temporary residency my DNI address and where I actually live have coincided at most for a few months. I suspect most Argentinians are in the same situation.

Yes, my residency will depend on my future spouse. I wouldn't know any other way of obtaining residency than through him, but interesting point!

Concerning your worries, if until now they didn't come to check whether you were actually living at your official addresses, how would they know?

Any government, with respect to immigration, assumes all immigration activity is fraudulent until proven otherwise. Even though you may have the best intentions and be honest, you are making it difficult on the process if you can't make yourself available whenever called upon, if called upon.

And yes, to answer your basic question, I have experienced this in a different part of the world. It is real and it sometimes plays out this way.

"SPOT CHECKING" keeps the process honest!

You are absolutely right, in our situation it just makes things pretty complicated, but I guess this is also the intention

Back