Getting My Papers Ready For Permanent Residency - A Recap

I have received my Certificado de Residencia Precaria at the end of March. When i try to check estado de tramite with my boleta prenumerada - it doesn't find any tramites.
http://www.mininterior.gov.ar/tramitesyservicios/estado-tramite-dni.php

Does anyone know whether the information should be posted right away after receiving the certificado or there is a lag period. Is there a way to call migraciones to ask why I am not seeing my estado.

Thank you.

I have received my Certificado de Residencia Precaria at the end of March. When i try to check estado de tramite with my boleta prenumerada - it doesn't find any tramites.
http://www.mininteri...tramite-dni.php

Does anyone know whether the information should be posted right away after receiving the certificado or there is a lag period. Is there a way to call migraciones to ask why I am not seeing my estado.

Thank you.

That's because your application hasn't yet been processed (you aren't yet given permanent residency) and thus your DNI hasn't yet been emitted. When your status gets to "Su tramite fu resuelto", then you can check by boleta prenumerada the status of your DNI.

This assuming you are getting perm. residency. For other types of residency, I don't know.

When will it be in your hands?????????????????????????????????? When you get it. Scan it and save the scan.

It has arrived today. I even kissed the postman.
So, last update, finally!

[background=rgb(252, 252, 252)]Oct. 31st 2014: I filed for permanent residency through marriage, got a precaria valid for 90 days on the spot[/background]
[background=rgb(252, 252, 252)]Dec 15th 2014: I applied for an extension of my precaria, since my application status was unchanged and the holidays approaching[/background]
[background=rgb(252, 252, 252)]Jan 19th 2015: I went to Migraciones to inquire about my case, since no extension was given, nor any status update was found. I was told the extension can be given only after my current precaria expire so I had to wait.[/background]
[background=rgb(252, 252, 252)]Jan 29th 2015: my precaria has expired, my application is still in the same state it has been ever since I applied ([/background]etapa de supervision[background=rgb(252, 252, 252)])[/background]
[background=rgb(252, 252, 252)]Jan 30th 2015: I tried to renew my precaria but the link says I already submit a request on Dec 15th.[/background]
[background=rgb(252, 252, 252)]April 7th, 2015: I was granted permanent residency.[/background]
April 17th, 2015: my DNI was handed to Correo Argentino for delivery
April 22nd, 2015: my DNI was delivered to my door
---THE END---

Duration: 174 days or 5 months, 23 days including the end date.

It has my picture stretched vertically like somebody else on this forum, and it is very light, my signature is veeeeery small and light. On the back there is a map of Argentina which includes too big Malvinas. Compared to the Green Card, it looks like a schoolboy's crappy plastic card!
Anyway, this is hi-tech compared to my paper Italian ID.

It looks like immigration is reducing its backlog. I applied for permanent residency on January 27 (switch from temprorary rentista visa) and it was approved on April 22. Less than 3 months!!!

It has arrived today. I even kissed the postman.
So, last update, finally!

[background=rgb(252, 252, 252)]Oct. 31st 2014: I filed for permanent residency through marriage, got a precaria valid for 90 days on the spot[/background]
[background=rgb(252, 252, 252)]Dec 15th 2014: I applied for an extension of my precaria, since my application status was unchanged and the holidays approaching[/background]
[background=rgb(252, 252, 252)]Jan 19th 2015: I went to Migraciones to inquire about my case, since no extension was given, nor any status update was found. I was told the extension can be given only after my current precaria expire so I had to wait.[/background]
[background=rgb(252, 252, 252)]Jan 29th 2015: my precaria has expired, my application is still in the same state it has been ever since I applied ([/background]etapa de supervision[background=rgb(252, 252, 252)])[/background]
[background=rgb(252, 252, 252)]Jan 30th 2015: I tried to renew my precaria but the link says I already submit a request on Dec 15th.[/background]
[background=rgb(252, 252, 252)]April 7th, 2015: I was granted permanent residency.[/background]
April 17th, 2015: my DNI was handed to Correo Argentino for delivery
April 22nd, 2015: my DNI was delivered to my door
---THE END---

Duration: 174 days or 5 months, 23 days including the end date.

It has my picture stretched vertically like somebody else on this forum, and it is very light, my signature is veeeeery small and light. ....On the back there is a map of Argentina which includes too big Malvinas.... Compared to the Green Card, it looks like a schoolboy's crappy plastic card!
Anyway, this is hi-tech compared to my paper Italian ID.

Of course it does. Im genuinely suprised all new residents arent subjected to a full shoulder and back Las Malvinas tatoo. Another 4 yrs of the Ks probably would have meant it was on the cards.

In Salta you will need your passport translated if you are British.

Be prepared the official translator doesnt translate your passport (already a legally recognised international document and with a page of terms translated into spanish amongst other languages as another poster has already noted) he/she just photopcopies the pages and then puts his/her official stamp on the back.

That's because your application hasn't yet been processed (you aren't yet given permanent residency) and thus your DNI hasn't yet been emitted. When your status gets to "Su tramite fu resuelto", then you can check by boleta prenumerada the status of your DNI.

This assuming you are getting perm. residency. For other types of residency, I don't know.

My permanent residency (marriage) was 'resuelto' after 4 weeks, which is already over a month ago (there is even an official doument that can be downloaded, though it has no DNI number), but the actual DNI has not been sent; "El DNI se encuentra en proceso de emisión".

Is this a 'normal' backlog in printing a DNI or should/can I check somewhere if something needs to be done?

I do not remember exactly how long it took - but yes took a few week until I got my DNI after my permanent residency was issued. Also starting April 1st some older DNI's are no longer valid. So possibly a lot of people have been applying for the new one recently - resulting in further delays.

Back