Getting U$S back to the States

Spfly731

Registered
I will be selling a property and am wondering how do I get my money back to the US. The money will be in US dollars - as is custom, buyer willl be paying cash. I was told that it is very hard to get the money out of the country.

Good question. Seems to be a big problem.
As well as having USD to purchase property.
Would be curious to know as well.

Spfly, it seems like there must be a way. Many of us are wondering. I hope you'll remember to let us know how it works out.

I will... I met with an "Escribano" yesterday and he is the one that told me that it is very hard to get the money out of Argentina. Hopefully we will get some insight on this forum. In anycase I will keep you posted on any info I gather. At least I know that I can take back $10,000 on my return to the States.

This operation can be done but has a high cost at the moment at 4% minimum to transfer monies out in dollars . To bring monies in now some casa de cambios are charging nothing as the demand for dollars is high now.

I was told that if you could prove the money was brought into the country for the purchase of the property, it wasn't a problem sending it out again. Has this law changed?

Ask the buyer if he is willing to do an international wire transfer for the boleta and have the majority of the funds sent that way.

CarverFan said:
I was told that if you could prove the money was brought into the country for the purchase of the property, it wasn't a problem sending it out again. Has this law changed?

When you buy a property you must prove that the funds come from a legal source and have the documentation that prove this . All of my operations over 360,000 pesos are documented in the white . There is no problems transferring the monies out of the country legally as long as you have paid all your taxes when selling.

Selling as a non resident is much more costly though and is highly recommendable that you take residency if purchasing in Argentina.

TheBlackHand said:
Ask the buyer if he is willing to do an international wire transfer for the boleta and have the majority of the funds sent that way.

Is the boleta still only circa 30 percent of sale price?

:confused:Perry, why is selling more costly as a non-resident? and what do you think about the Blackhand's idea of doing an international wire transfer for the Boleto?

Back