Girls and Women in Argentina

Dave, I hope your heart heals soon. It might not be comforting to think about it this way at this time but you are a wise man to consider what you had gained in all this and not dwell on what you lost. Things always work our for the best especially concerning affairs of the heart. Be thankful for the months you had together for to consider the alternative is unimaginable, I am sure. I wish you good luck ,young man.

i can give you an opinon from a girls point of view. The girls here seem generally like nice people but not only are many of them far too concerned with their looks they also are;, like other people have already said, concerned with their parents opinions or even living with their parents through to their 30s. I can see where some might be lacking a little content because of these 2 things.. being concened with what other people think and letting their parents form them as people .. neither of which let them know who they really are.. so they are bound to be terrible in genuine long term relationships and possobly even friendships (past just fun party ones) untill they get a little self realization. Not knowing who you are is as good a reason as any to dump you (ive done it). I think the parents thing is different than jewish, greek or morman families because wether practicing catholic or not many women here still listen to mommy as it were.. the guys.. i dont even want to start (but i will) creepy old men.. into their 70s! asking if your single. (guys are lucky old women arent hitting on them) and the younger ones cant talk to you.. just make comments as you walk by or stare. I understand cultural differences but it doesnt seem like its easy at all to find guys who can be friends and equals (which is common where im from at least) but easy as paris hilton to get a date. Almost all my friends back home are men and ive had nothing to talk to women about here and wont talk to men who have only perverse intentions (wether i would date them or not).

Well... I've been here off and on for awhile, so I'll give my quick overview of the women I've met in Argentina.
On average, some of the most attractive and intelligent Women I've met in my travels. Not as sexual as Brasil, not as conservative as Chile. I still like Colombia more but the "average" girls here are better looking than the average in Colombia. Everything is deep fried in Colombia, including fruits and vegetables. Not good for the belly. The Colombian girls have a sensuality that is tough to beat though. 100 girls on the street here would beat 100 there (in my opinion).
Before I came to Argentina, I was warned about how "stuck up" the girls are here and it's been a surprise that almost any girl or woman I talk to is really very nice. Even the girls that don't speak english get a laugh out of me and try to commicate. The women in my neighborhood seemed to know me within a day and when I walk by the cafe next door they smile and wave. The girl at the corner Internet cafe leads me to the computer and teaches me numbers, because I got lost one day (I'm not good with the number 15). Girls on the subte platform "bump" into me and we have awkward conversations in my basic spanish. All good fun.
Don't know anything about dating them but the ones I've tried to go out with seem interested but are too tough to pin down for a real date. Usually they have a boyfriend of some sort in the background or work/school that takes up sooooo much of their time. My luck is more with the girls who are just looking for quick fun and not a boyfriend. It seems to have to happen "in the moment" or not at all.
Regarding looks, I'm a bit amazed at the range in BsAs. I've met natural redheads, brunettes and of course, the dark haired girls. Both thin and heavy. Plenty enough boobage for me. There's classic looks to what I consider the "real" Argentine girl but I'd have to point to specific girls to explain. Overall, I'd say their best feature is the eyes. I don't speak Spanish but these girls are talking to me all the time with their eyes. Kind of cruel sometimes how they'll give you their eyes and then ignore you if the moment passes without a move on your part. I'd agree that once they turn cold, it's game over. Not so unusual anywhere in the world though.
It seems like the men have to approach women here which I prefer after being in Brasil (the women in northern Brasil can be just a wee bit aggressive at times). Most of the women I approach also speak english to a certain degree, many of them perfectly. I'm totally in awe of them and always ask how they learnt english besides questions about their work and where they live in the city. They ask where I'm from and how long I'll stay, then want to know my occupation.
The most interesting woman I've met so far was a street prostitute on Florida St. She's from Salta and came to BsAs to make money for her kids. Seperated from her husband and the usual stories I hear from poorer women in Latin America. We chatted for awhile about her city (because I liked visiting there) and what it's like to live in Argentina etc... It was just a friendly conversation that I walked away from. Honest.
I haven't met any women that I'd consider immature but then again, I'm pretty goofy to begin with. Most of the girls I meet work very hard for little money and I can't help but respect that. I also like that they live with their families. I think a close family is a good thing to have in hard times. It's also a big turn-on for me when a girl speaks multiple languages and that seems to be common with the people here.
They also have nice butts. I don't know if I mentioned that but it's a fact. jack.
sidenote: the girls who really knock me out are some of the ex-pats. You gotta respect how they've given up so much to live an adventure, sometimes on their own. I'm impressed because I did it to.

Maybe I should start a new thread entitled "Argentine Men". For me to comment on Argentine girls and women, briefly it would be...extremely passionate, possesive, generally fastidious about their appearance. They seem to be very worried about cellulite, more so than Europeans.If one can accept the possesiveness with a tongue in cheek attitude, it's OK. They are also rather bossy and can talk for hours, mainly on the phone.It's the ferocious passion that really turns me on though, but that's another story.
As for Argentine men, I have been unfortunate enough to come across my girlfriend's ex and his brother amongst other ex husbands and have been shocked by what I have heard and seen. The phrase...hell hath no fury than a woman scorned....might well have been coined for certain Argentine men. My girlfriend's ex is hell bent on her destruction and has literally taken her to the cleaners, because he was more on the case than she was. Now, I have had to ask her not to meet him alone. I insist on being with her due to his potential for physical and psychological violence. Not nice, and even worse for her. This is not an isolated case unfortunately.

She no longer has any contact with the SOB at all, except by terse email exchanges, if you can call that contact and even that is diminishing more and more. Don't know why I mentioned that really.
But can't Argentine women talk? Last night I had to pick Adri up from an all women dinner. I stayed for a drink, but could I get a word in? when you've got a room full of 15 ladies nattering away ten to the dozen in Spanish, I kind of switch off.

"Marc" said:
But can't Argentine women talk? Last night I had to pick Adri up from an all women dinner. I stayed for a drink, but could I get a word in? when you've got a room full of 15 ladies nattering away ten to the dozen in Spanish, I kind of switch off.
Hmmmm, I guess that would happen to any guy in any country in any language!!!!!LOL

"Marc" said:
True, just an observation though.
I must say that the average guy would feel overwhelmend and shy in such situation, hehehe, at least you tried!

I am replying to the comment that girls (of any country) can be "stuck up". This is true..until they smell money. Let's face it: Men are producers. Women are consumers. men are attracted to youth and beauty (regardless of nationality). Women are attracted to men who will (or might) channel these resources to them.

I must admit that I am going to reply to my own post. I have to be honest. I did have a VERY negative relationship with an Argentine woman very soon after my arrival in Ba As. She is the one who told me I had to buy a house (or apartment) in her name. Several months later I met a woman from Uruguay who is exactly half my age. If you think I am bragging, please give me the chance to defend myself. SHE picked me (as all women do). We are now living together now in an apartment whiich I bought IN MY NAME ONLY (the Argentine woman told me that I could ony buy it in HER name..).NO IMPORTA!!!!!Life is good. I wish the same for all....

Back