Giving birth - Argentina or Chile ?

Giving birth - Argentina or Chile ?

• Total voters

MapleMan

Registered
Hi,

We are Canadian. We have never been to either country. We will have a baby in July. I want our child to have another passport. We have some questions
1. Which country would offer the best citizenship and passport, to complement to the Canadian one?
2. Which citizenship will have better value, 20 years from now (when my child grow up)
3. To play devil's advocate, can someone explain to me that giving birth in either country is not a wise decision.

Thank you very much

let's turn the question around first. why did you select argentina or chile as the first two possible candidates instead of anywhere else?

1) In terms of travel: https://www.passportindex.org/byRank.php Chile just beats Argentina.
2) What will you child want to do in 20 years? Live in another country or travel to other countries?
3 ) Will you be using the public health system or going private for the birth? It seems more popular to give birth in Argentina!
16.7 births/1,000 population (2017 est.) Argentina13.6 births/1,000 population (2017 est.) Chile

let's turn the question around first. why did you select argentina or chile as the first two possible candidates instead of anywhere else?
1. I want my kid have another passport by jus soli law
2. I don't need giving birth in US, as Canadian we can get US passport by other means.
3. I want the country speak Spanish
4. I want to the country has potential (economy, political) in the distant future.
5. I want the country as far from US as possible.

1) In terms of travel: https://www.passportindex.org/byRank.php Chile just beats Argentina.
2) What will you child want to do in 20 years? Live in another country or travel to other countries?
3 ) Will you be using the public health system or going private for the birth? It seems more popular to give birth in Argentina!
16.7 births/1,000 population (2017 est.) Argentina13.6 births/1,000 population (2017 est.) Chile
That's why I wonder, where Argentina and Chile stay, relatively ranking, in 20 years (when my kid grow up)
I want my kid have options to move around. One extreme example is Jewish people in Germany before WWII. Lot of them got stuck in Germany because they don't have another passport.

Although I know several families with a mix of natural born and adopted children which live together in harmony, I know others which, despite the best efforts of the parents to treat each of the children equally, have broken into terrible squabbles and malignant vindictiveness between them all. How do you foresee family life in the future - say twenty years time - where one child has been specially selected to have certain extra freedoms and privileges and the other two not?

1. I want my kid have another passport by jus soli law
2. I don't need giving birth in US, as Canadian we can get US passport by other means.
3. I want the country speak Spanish
4. I want to the country has potential (economy, political) in the distant future.
5. I want the country as far from US as possible.
i see. well, given argentina's history i doubt this is the place you want to give your kid citizenship.

i give you props for thinking of your child's future but i don't honestly see what purpose this really serves. you really have no idea what he/she will do in 20 years and whether they will even want to visit the country. its not like they need the passport to learn spanish or travel the world and experience culture. you have plently of freedom as a canadian i think. it seems like more trouble than it's worth but you do what you wish.

What will the situation be in Chile in 20 years from now ? Now if anyone can predict what will Argentina be in 20 years deserves a Nobel Prize in Futurology , a new Nostradamus...!

Maple Man, both are good choices. The process in Argentina is very straighforward. very good /cheap hospitals - you can even buy insurance to deliver a baby. And Argentina is much cheaper than Chile.

Air Canada: You can only fly up to four weeks before your due date, no exceptions.

Most doctors want to see you for regular visits for months during the pregnancy. I trust you are seeing one in Canada.

20 years from now? If we don't get our act together, life on this planet may no longer be possible with the way we are destroying it.

Back