Global Marijuana March

HeyHeyJose

Registered

The Global Marijuana March is an annual rally held the first Saturday of May at different cities around the world. Its objective is to show the large amount of people around the world that demand the normalization and regulation of cannabis and hemp, and to demand for an end to the criminalization and prosecution of users and growers.

There is a big march planned for Buenos Aires two weeks from today (Saturday May 3rd) going from Plaza de Mayo all the way to Congress. Last year's march brought over 100,000 people advocating for the reform of cannabis laws.

With the legalization and regulation of cannabis late last year in neighboring Uruguay, it is believed the next country in the region to take up and pass legislation in that direction will be Argentina.

This is the official page for the march [Link] and there are opportunities for anyone who wants to volunteer too.

Picture below if from 2013's March [Source]

mmm2013_alta2.jpg

I thought possession and small scale production was already decriminalized here. It'll be interesting to see how the Urugauy experiment goes. If they can keep the narcos out of the legal game then it'll be a home run.

edit: shouldn't this take place tomorrow?

I thought possession and small scale production was already decriminalized here. It'll be interesting to see how the Urugauy experiment goes. If they can keep the narcos out of the legal game then it'll be a home run.

edit: shouldn't this take place tomorrow?

Yeah, it's still legally forbidden but authorized judicially. You'll spend the night detained though you are caught.

This should be the 'mellowest' march in the history of human kind if they can remember why they are there :p damn hippies

This should be the 'mellowest' march in the history of human kind if they can remember why they are there :p damn hippies

Well, with all the signs, forgetting why we are there shouldn't be a problem. I'm more worried about everyone getting the munchies and stopping for pizza...for three hours.

I am hung over, havent smoked in over a month, please someone email or private message me with some useful information if you can... I live in san telmo and would love to 'chill' tonight :)

I am hung over, havent smoked in over a month, please someone email or private message me with some useful information if you can... I live in san telmo and would love to 'chill' tonight :)

What you'll find here is "prensado paraguayo" (like the mexican bricks) -> strong ammonia smell, really harsh to smoke but does the job (rather a stoned effect than a high one).

But I'm sure that a few expats who have a garden make their own harvest (I smoked once in university but didn't inhale :rolleyes: )

Back