Going away this weekend and need suggestions...

CoutureGirlNYC

Registered
We want to do a short weekend trip and are considering Santiago and Mendoza.

Thoughts or suggestions?

Thanks!

Lindsay

Santiago is quite a road trip but the andes crossing is cool (especially on a motorbike) COlon is nice and natury up north, oh and leave early getting out of the city could take some time!

I'd skip Santiago, not a place a New Yorker would like much. Boring small city. I do like Chile for the seafood after being in BA too long, but I'd head to Vina/Con Con.

Mendoza is definitely worth a trip but worthy of more than just a weekend.

Rio (if you have the visa)! That being said, Mendoza over Santiago, definitely.

Citygirl: I just applied for a visa and will definitely be heading to Rio for a weekend sometime.

We chose to do Mendoza this weekend. I'm really looking forward to getting out of the city, going wine tasting as we have a home in San Francisco and i miss going to Napa on weekends!

Hopefully we can go riding, white water rafting, and maybe a bit of trekking etc.

CoutureGirlNYC said:
Citygirl: I just applied for a visa and will definitely be heading to Rio for a weekend sometime.

We chose to do Mendoza this weekend. I'm really looking forward to getting out of the city, going wine tasting as we have a home in San Francisco and i miss going to Napa on weekends!

Hopefully we can go riding, white water rafting, and maybe a bit of trekking etc.
don,t forget your umbrella:rolleyes:

@Howard- We are leaving tomorrow and coming back Tues evening-- weather report looks okay :)

Has anyone tried any of the Troutandwine.com tours?

Thx.

we are going to San Pedro this afternoon,with brollies!!!!have a good trip CG

Go to Uco Valley for the closest feel of Napa in Mendoza.

We did a Trout and Wine tour which was just OK. Tours are weird in Mendoza. Even the best don't allow you to taste the premium wines. I'd hire a car and handpick your wineries for the best experience and a better restaurant than they use for a good lunch.

Back