Going back to Montreal ?

AxelMulder

Registered
I'm looking to get some things (two suitcases and a bike) that I have stored in BsAs back to Montreal where I am currently. But it doesn't seem I'll return anytime soon to BsAs. Shipping it all back is probably too expensive compared to the value of the items, from what I read here on the forum.

So if you are willing to take them along on your trip to Montreal, I look forward to hearing from you ! Of course we'll talk about some form of compensation.

I can't speak for others but I would never even consider carrying luggage that did not belong to me and furthermore was packed by another person (especially one I did not know very very well). And then there is the fact that this is your first and only post ever on this site. No offense intended but --- good luck with that.

Hey, it's worth trying. I believe there are trustworthy and trusting people out there, and there's lots of ways to establish this trust.

LOL poor Axel. I'm sure he just wants his stuff but voila. I'm actually going to Mtl next week but alas have more than enough luggage of my own.

Worth noting: in Argentina, the majority (and then some) of foreigners incarcerated is related to drug charges. You get regular consular visits and so on. On the plus side, Argentina is one of the 'nicer' countries if you're going to be incarcerated on drug charges, sentencing-wise.

sleslie23 said:
For those of you who haven't seen it, I highly recommend watching Locked Up Abroad (called Banged Up Abroad in the UK). It's a heartwarming program about "trustworthy" and "trusting" people all over the world.

Here's one specifically about Argentina:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rgnDxoir1H4

This woman is incredibly lucky. In late March, the UK courts ruled against her extradition to Argentina. http://www.guardian.co.uk/law/2012/mar/20/pregnant-briton-lucy-wright-wins-extradition-appeal

bradlyhale said:
This woman is incredibly lucky. In late March, the UK courts ruled against her extradition to Argentina. http://www.guardian.co.uk/law/2012/mar/20/pregnant-briton-lucy-wright-wins-extradition-appeal
And there are MANY similar stories where people carried luggage or packages for others a a favor. Don't carry anything across an international border unless you know exactly what it is inside and out --- and even then I wouldn't do it. What do you say to the security screener at EZE who asks: "has anyone given you anything to carry with you --- did you pack all the bags yourself and have they been in your possession at all times?"

surfing said:
And there are MANY similar stories where people carried luggage or packages for others a a favor. Don't carry anything across an international border unless you know exactly what it is inside and out --- and even then I wouldn't do it. What do you say to the security screener at EZE who asks: "has anyone given you anything to carry with you --- did you pack all the bags yourself and have they been in your possession at all times?"

I agree and I'd like to add that even something as inconspicuous as a bike is suspect. There have been many documented cases of smugglers packing bike frames full of drugs. After all, a bike is just a collection of hollow tubes. Anyone who would even consider doing this should have their heads examined and anyone posting such a request is an imbecile in my opinion. Montreal is a beautiful city (in summer) full of nice people but it's also one of the main centers in Canada for organized crime in the form of biker gangs who make alot of their money from drugs.

LostinBA said:
Montreal is a beautiful city (in summer) full of nice people but it's also one of the main centers in Canada for organized crime in the form of biker gangs who make alot of their money from drugs.

wait a minute...and he wants his BIKE sent. He MUST be one of them biker gang types!
;)

Back