Going to migraciones in Retiro with fever, 2 questions.

RobinsonGO

Registered
Hello All,

Going to Retiro tomorrow for my first renewal, any suggestions.

Also,

Have had a 38 degree fever for 2 and a half days along with a sick stomach. I believe I may have gastroenteritis, I never got my vaccination before coming. Again any suggestions. I am trying to hold off on the doctor until I really need it. I do have international health care but it takes time to send the claims form back to the US and get the money back.

Any help would be appreciated.
Not looking forward to the subte tomorrow.

Saludos,
Drew

Of course for what it's worth to talk about health on a public forum (go see a doctor = costs 60 pesos) but the most powerful forms of gastroenteritis (needing a vaccine mostly for babies) appear in winter.

Lots of water and rice and you could get better.

As for Migraciones, with the current heat and your stomach problems (I've never visited the restrooms there), it might not be the clevest thing to do.

Agreed, however I only have a few days left on my visa. Im not looking forward to it, but at times we have to do what we have to do. My fever has been lowering and Im not quite sure that it IS gastroenteritis. Agreed that its not the most common thing to start a write-up on however I appreciate the response. Thank you Jurist.

Dude, skip Retiro. First of all, if your immune system is stressed, you don't want to go running your body down, and second, if you're contagious, you don't want to go around infecting everyone else. If you overstay the visa, you end up paying 300 pesos, big whoop. Health and comfort are more important.

To do list:
1- See a doctor, or go to any public hospital. Hospital Fernandez is a good one, located at Palermo, Capital Federal.
2- Migraciones. I believe that if you show to Migraciones a note written by a medical doctor from the public hospital saying that you are/were so sick and needed rest, they will understand your situation.

If you do end up going, be sure to have a photocopy of the first page your passport with your identity info and a photocopy of your entry visa. I'm not sure how it works these days, but last time I renewed my visa there, I was asked for this and had to wait in another line to make the copies. It might make things a bit more speedy.

Whether hyour visa is valid or expired hyou can still go to the ER an nobody will report you as they are not allowed

RichardP said:
If you do end up going, be sure to have a photocopy of the first page your passport with your identity info and a photocopy of your entry visa. I'm not sure how it works these days, but last time I renewed my visa there, I was asked for this and had to wait in another line to make the copies. It might make things a bit more speedy.

I absolutely needed the photocopies, perfect advice. Arrived at 8 am, received number 47, was given number 23 by a nice old lady who left early and still waited 4 and a half hours, however the power shut off as we walked out the door, lucky for me, so sad for the people behind.. Also, feeling better.
Saludos

Back