Votes: 29 63.0%
  • 2-3 times a week

Votes: 15 32.6%
  • 4-5 times a week

Votes: 1 2.2%
  • 5+ times a week

Votes: 1 2.2%

• Total voters
There are some places where you can actually see offstream movies. Google Buenosairesmonamour. They've got two diferent places, sometimes with debates. There's nothing of the Hollywodd rubbish, as you say...rather independent movies from all around the globe.Enjoy!

There's no option for going to the movies multiple times per day. What gives?

Well, I see some of the latest kid-crazes that appear from time to time... What can I say, the kid call the shots when it comes to entertainment (although, I DO love the Madagascar franchise!).
Movies for old(er) people? Yikes - the last one was in 2006. Who has the time??? It takes a miracle to set up even one night without the kid, and both my wife and I not so tired that we won't fall asleep halfway through.

Poll needs some editing. We go about once a month, thanks to tarjeta club la nacion which has 2 x 1 at many of the theatres!

Buenos Aires is also one of the cities with the largest number of Theaters in the world...

Canick said:
and besides, i think I went for the popcorn as much as the movie (in Canada). just not the same here.
:)

I went to see A Roma, Con Amor (To Rome with Love), Woody Allen's latest film last night... and you are right! The popcorn is much better in Canada.

el_expatriado said:
The VIP theaters here (Dot) are great. Reserved seating, waiter service, and comfy chairs. Even the regular theaters with reserved seating are fantastic.

The only bummer is that it takes too long for the movies to get here and there aren't enough new movies each week. Of the 5 movies that come out each week usually only 1 is worth seeing.

Which are VIP theaters?

urbanjunglejane said:
There are some places where you can actually see offstream movies. Google Buenosairesmonamour. They've got two diferent places, sometimes with debates. There's nothing of the Hollywodd rubbish, as you say...rather independent movies from all around the globe.Enjoy!

One reason I like going to the movies in BA is that they are in english. Are the movies at Mon Amour in original language with spanish sub-titles or dubbed or .....? Probably not good for me until my language skills are better.

My roommate goes pretty much every Friday.

I go about twice a year.

Amplexus said:
I NEVER go here cos it's ALL mainstream hollywood rubbish . Unless I'm missing out on something

I think you're missing something. Lot of movies out of mainstream, but you have to search.

Back