Going to the UK - entry for up to 6 months

If you get 6 month visa for the uk you can also get à 3 month schengen visa. I heard you can enter again in THE uk for another 6 month but somehow i doubt that

Argentines are visa exempt & thus don't need to "get" a visa to say in the UK for 6months nor to say in Schengen for 3 months. You can enter the UK again but only after 6months out of the country.

But, I'm not sure whether you can stay in the Uk 6 months then go to Schengen right after for 3 months. I can't find any info one way or another.

You can, both ways

I am just not sure if you can re-enter UK after 3 months in Europe, because you then create temp-tourist who do 3 months Schengen, 6 months UK, 3 months Schengen, etc.

By the way Argentines do have to get a visa, they just don't have to go in advance to the embassy like they have to do if they want to go to the US. You need to have health-care, enough money for the duration of your stay(or someone else who is responsible for you) and enough reason not to stay. Pretty much the same visa as Europeans need to travel to the US. As far as I know it's only Spain who is really getting tough on Latin Americans, including Argentines

P.S. Having the phone number for the Argentine consulate or Embassy in London also help

qwerty - You're wrong on the need for Visa's for Argentines visiting the Uk, Ireland or any other European state, an Argentine does not require a Visa, either prior to arrival, or upon arrival. As in any country, you have to show signs of being able to support yourself upon arrival, and not give indications that you might be there for an alternate reason, like working. You are then stamped into the country, which I guess is what you are calling a Visa....

And us Europeans, do not need a Visa for the US for tourism, we travel on the Visa Waiver Scheme - I-94. And again we are stamped upon entry and granted 90 days tourist status, but in the US it is specifically called the Visa Waiver, but I understand what you mean....

Just for the record, the UK authorities are starting to clamp down on people coming into the country, thanks to the change in politcal colour of the government, so things may get tougher for Latin Americans there too...

It's called a visa and you need to prove you fulfill all the requirements. Most of the times they let you through without many problems, but espially if you are young(untill late 20's/early 30's) dont have a heavy used passport(new one is almost a guarantee you will get stopped) and are non-white you have more then average chance to get stopped

qwerty said:
You can, both ways

I am just not sure if you can re-enter UK after 3 months in Europe, because you then create temp-tourist who do 3 months Schengen, 6 months UK, 3 months Schengen, etc.

You can not re-enter the UK until 6 months have past if you already spent your full 6 months there. So it can't go both ways. You MAY* be able to go 3 mths schengen, 6 UK, 3 Schengen.

I'm still waiting for a reply to whether if this could cause any problems and if there is a limit of total stay in the EU per year.

By the way Argentines do have to get a visa, they just don't have to go in advance to the embassy like they have to do if they want to go to the US. You need to have health-care, enough money for the duration of your stay(or someone else who is responsible for you) and enough reason not to stay. Pretty much the same visa as Europeans need to travel to the US. As far as I know it's only Spain who is really getting tough on Latin Americans, including Argentines
No they do not.

qwerty said:
It's called a visa and you need to prove you fulfill all the requirements. Most of the times they let you through without many problems, but espially if you are young(untill late 20's/early 30's) dont have a heavy used passport(new one is almost a guarantee you will get stopped) and are non-white you have more then average chance to get stopped

It's not called a visa. In fact, it's called a "visa exemption" (ie. an exemption from requiring a visa). And traveling to the US Europeans with biometric passports can participate in a "visa waiver program" (ie, the US waives the requirement for a visa).

mini said:
It's not called a visa. In fact, it's called a "visa exemption" (ie. an exemption from requiring a visa). And traveling to the US Europeans with biometric passports can participate in a "visa waiver program" (ie, the US waives the requirement for a visa).

I didn't even need a biometric one to enter the US; my ordinary passport was enough to enter under the waiver. Is that a new requirement maybe?

M1ke said:
I didn't even need a biometric one to enter the US; my ordinary passport was enough to enter under the waiver. Is that a new requirement maybe?

I'm no expert, all I can say is a few months ago, some friends were not allowed to board the plane to the US because they did not have biometric/machine readable passports. Everyone was shocked.

From what I read just now it could be that if your passport was issued after 2006 it must be the new kind.

Back