Good Doctors-Anyone Know Any Good Surgeons?

jbhenson

Registered
After 2 years of suffering with a hernia I need to get it fixed. I didnt get it fixed before because my wife said doctors here were quacks and she wouldnt help me to find a good one.

So I am reaching out to you all to perhaps get a referral for a surgeon somebody else here used.

Any help is truly appreciated.

You haven't said if you have medical insurance. Do you have good GP (clinico)? The most important thing here is to know a well qualified and competent doctor who knows the experts in various fields. You need to keep asking people in whom you have confidence for their recommendations. Don't just accept a recommendation of someone who has a friend or a relative doctor.

Fortunately I keep very good health but my first experience of going 'under the knife' here was memorable for all the wrong reasons. As it was only very minor surgery - the removal of an infected cyst - I decided to have it done in my local clinic. The doctor was in so much of a hurry to get to the first tee on the golf course he got to work before the local anesthetic had time to take effect therefore the op ended up with me being in agony. It left me with a very low opinion of the Argentine medical profession and I swore if ever the day came I had to have surgery again I'd be on the first plane back to the UK.

Roll on 8 years and I was taken to another local hospital suffering from gallstone pain.After two days of tests I was told my gallbladder would have to be removed asap as another attack could dangerous. My wife knowing how they work here got me signed out....I was feeling fine by then as the stone had moved back.

She made an appointment for me at the Hospital Aleman where I was referred to see the head surgeon. We told him what the doctors had told us and he laughed it off as just them looking after their own interests. This was in early October and he recommended I have the surgery in early December so I could get off the non fat diet and enjoy Christmas. I was so impressed with the facilities and service given by Pablo Capitanich the surgeon I decided to give it a go.
Early December saw us checking-in at 4pm as planned and we were shown to our private room. As arranged I was taken away to have the Op done at 5pm where the fluent English speaking Capitanich and his anesthetist explained in detail everything that was going to happen. The Op went as planned and I was back in the room before 6pm where the surgeon soon came to see how I was and to tell me how the surgery went. He assured me everything was completed as planned and there had been no problems.....I could sign out at 8am the next morning.

Sorry for the long winded story but I have to give credit where it's due and say I was very impressed with the whole process from pre op right through to post op at the Aleman and would have no hesitation in recommending the hospital. I firmly believe I wouldn't have had it any better in the UK. Worth checking them out.

I am glad the surgery at Aleman went well. I know of two bad experiences at this hospital, however. I don't think it is one of the best hospitals here. I would consider IADT, Trinidad or Mater Dei. Austral if you are in that area.

You haven't said if you have medical insurance. Do you have good GP (clinico)? The most important thing here is to know a well qualified and competent doctor who knows the experts in various fields. You need to keep asking people in whom you have confidence for their recommendations. Don't just accept a recommendation of someone who has a friend or a relative doctor.

I have none. I was asking my wife to help me find insurance for months but she wasnt it was another thing she could blame me for not having. Sabotage totally everything I tried to do and IF I had had renters insurance we could have gotten back some of the money that was stolen from me too. Oh well I have to start doing things for myself and try to get insurance at the same time. really tuff when you barely speak spanish!

I think you can find someone at the offices of major health insurance companies who speaks English. Or why don't you go with an Argentine friend?

I think you can find someone at the offices of major health insurance companies who speaks English. Or why don't you go with an Argentine friend?

I dont have any, my wife forbid me from having friends.

Does anyone know a doctor who does the shouldice method here in Argentina?

Back