Good stylist and place to get pedi and mani - bilingual?

Hey guys you rock for all the great recommendations.. You all rock! You so know you do.

Ok so I do charge 85 for a cut. ( In the new year its going up to 100). All my regular clients know that.
I will agree I am expensive for working out of my house, dipping peoples heads in the sink.

Some clients go to a salon for the salon experience, To be able to have multiple services at the same time. Get pampered. A real Hair Sink Shampoo( Gosh do I Miss that) Lots of people, crazy dance music. waiting, waiting , waiting for your stylist to actually pay attention to you. Explain this to this person, explain that to another person. And hope for the best.

Some go to hair stylists in the scariest locations who charge what ever price and the clients is happy. Because the are paying for the good cut. Not the Marketing tools, or the free coffee or the 5 professionals you end up getting passed to b the time you leave.
It is really impossible these days to find a good colorist and cutter. that work great together. That takes time and in a big salon the best are booked for months on end.,

In the States, or Canada, or Europe. There is no way you would get into a reputable salon ( obviously depending on how much you personally like the stylist), for under 25 Dollars. ... US.. Even great clips charges 25 dollars now.

Some people think it is expensive when broken down into pesos.
Most clients with Full head of Foils(2 to 3 tones) long long hair, Cut, Blow dry, Dry cut, and treatment for under or around 100 USD. Now do that in New York or London... try 200- 1000 USD for that. And we all know of those type of salons..... Amazing work.
You pay for what you get.

I am a very intense person, quite a character, and freak a lot of people out. But I love my clients and they love me, and really why they keep coming back.
Its not about being in someones home or salon, its about the final result that is most important.
They come in, have confidence in me, and know that if anything were to go wrong or they weren't happy they wouldn't pay.

My policy is The Client has 10 Days to get something fixed free of charge, or in the worst case possible: I will handy the client back every penny in return.

Its up to the client to Utilize that option or not. Always the Clients Discretion.

In being a stylist and dealing with tons of expats, locals , people from all of the world, different characters:.... there are people who love me and people who you mention my name and its like Nails Across a Chalk board.... As a Professional; every person you meet as a client is not always going to work with you. Or you with them. And my clients know some times there is an absolute lack of professionalism.... but it's someones house.... And that Can be a blessing and some times shoot my self in the foot the second I open my mouth. As with anyone in your work Your best Changes from Day to day.

When people come to see me its more than a Hair Cut. It's an Experience most never will forget good or bad. ( Quite the show as some clients would say)

We have all gone to Hair stylists....great hair and would never go back to the person because of a Difference of Character, or just no connection.

Please if you have any questions or comments let me know. Its what I'm here for
[email protected]
Or call me on my cell 1530502076

Thanks for all of the continued love and support!
Ryan

Hi Ryan,

Thanks for the post. I did send you an email - I am not sure if you got it. Anyhow I am wondering if you have time in the next week for a hair cut? PM me or email me at [email protected]

Thanks,

Kelsey

George Mc Fly (aka Jorge Paredes) is your man. He is wicked. He charges 60 pesos for a cut and blowdry (no matter the length though he charges more for straightening) and he does a really good job.

I found him through a mate and have been recommending him to my gringo friends here ever since, all now thrilled to have a man on hand.

He works out of cool apartments in both Recoleta and San Telmo. His English is rough but fine, he is fun and super lovely and is also very popular with the trendy, hip happening Porteños; a jolly good sign in my book for if I had to name a crew who knew about hair....

15 6251 3112 or facebook George Mc Fly (note the space).

Does anyone else have a recommendation for a hygienic mani/pedi place in Palermo? A client has asked me specifically for somewhere in Palermo Soho. Podiatrist places are fine as long as they also do polish (and hands too - not just feet)!

There´s a place on Coronel Díaz near Alto Palermo which looked nice. I think it has Nail in the name...

Nailing at Jorge Newbery 1852 in Cañitas was also mentioned in this post but I couldn´t find any info online about them, not even their phone number!

Thanks,
courtney

FYI, In Caballito I just went to a great place called "La Casa del Pie." The women are UBA-trained "podólogas" and they sterilize all the equipment. It is a bit pricey---62 pesos with polish for the work on feet ONLY---but my feet have never looked so good!

For manicures it´s 20 pesos or 22 with French tips and for "belleza de pies" with a non-podiatrist it´s 25 pesos or 27 with French tips.

La Casa del Pie
Doblas 317
4903-7679

tinto said:
FYI, In Caballito I just went to a great place called "La Casa del Pie." The women who do "pedicuría" are all UBA-trained podiatrists and they sterilize all the equipment. It is a bit pricey---......

I think the word we want is “Pedicurist”
A Podiatrists is a doctor of medicine, M.D.
I’m shocked that someone in Argentina would inflate a job title, just shocked.:eek:

Ryan charges 150 pesos and is extremely busy - because he is very good.

Tangerine said:
I think the word we want is “Pedicurist”
A Podiatrists is a doctor of medicine, M.D.
I’m shocked that someone in Argentina would inflate a job title, just shocked.:eek:

Haha I have been to the podiatrist before but that´s not what I meant in my post - it was a translation error on my part. I´ve edited the above post!

The Nail Company
Riobamba 1164
4815 2139

There are other locations but that is the best. It has the most hygienic practices in town (apparently). Not cheap but if you require any trimming of cuticles I would go there. Also they have actual nail dryers which you don't find everywhere.

nailcompany.com.ar

Back