Good Sushi Restaurant

NickBA

Registered
Hi everyone! I tried to search previous thread for answers to this, but came up empty-handed. Does anyone know a a good quality sushi restaurant in capital federal? I went out with a local friend to what he claimed was the best in the Caballito Flores area, and walked away very disappointed with an empty wallet. My friend disagreed and loved it, but the sushi was loaded up with cream cheese, killing all the flavor of the very limited amount of actual fish that was included, and had also clearly been prepared hours in advance, if not the day before. Any suggestions would be great! Thanks!

I swear by Dashi. It is definatly the best i have tried out hre with alot more to choose from then other places.

It isnt cheap but worth it. I normally get delivery but they have alot of places in belgrano, barrio chino palermo etc

Miyako in Flores. It is on the top floor of the corporate building that houses many different Asian companies and is really really good.
www.miyakosushi.com.ar
I have tried a lot of different Sushi places here and have not found a better place. They can be a bit pricey of course but worth it.

Bit of an older thread, but I just came from Zen Tea Sushi Nikkei in Nuñez (11 de Septiembre 3351) and I wanted to let you all know that it is delish. It is a Peruvian/Japanese fusion restaurant and it's only been open since March or so. We went there completely on a whim and we're glad we did!
Wait staff very nice (our waitress spoke great English, though it wasn't necessary) and you get a 10% discount if you pay in cash, natch.
Here is their website for more info: http://zentea.wix.com/cocinafusion

If you're ever up this way, give it a look!

I know you asked for a restaurant, but for delivery I love Furusato - http:\\www.sushi.com.ar I've been ordering from them for over 10 years. The quality is excellent and they have a nice variety of fish and the pieces are large. I order the "Combo 2 con pescada blanca" which is enough for 4 light eaters, 3 hungry eaters, or 2 sushi hounds (like me and my partner). They also have a "Combo 2 Salmon", so you have to specify "con pescada blanca" to get the white fish included and not just all salmon. For the last 2 years they've been giving you a 15% off coupon on your next order that you get with your order. Also if you sign up on their website, every few months they offer a 25% off coupon - you only receive one message a month, so it's not high volume emails if you sign up.
The delivery takes awhile. They open at 19:00 so I call at 19:01 and place my order and they say the maximum delivery time can be up to 21:15 - it usually arrives about 20:45 and I live in Recoleta. I'm not sure where the actual place is where they make the sushi, so your delivery time may be better. They don't give you much wasabi on the plate, you can ask for extra when you order and there's a slight charge, or you can buy a big bag of it dried in China town and make your own - China town also has sake in big 1.5 liter bottles for a good price!
Good luck!
Pete

Man I hate those warm sushi crispy pieces some places sell...have had "crocantes" which are basically old bits of salmon with sugary breakfast cereal round the outside and warm (bad) cheese inside. Abominations. Someone mentioned Dashi, they are guilty of cheesey sushi crimes too, catering to their market I guess.

Also any kind of noodles from Dashi are a big greasey mess with really cheap nasty soy sauce lashed everywhere.

Not good.

Well - I can see we have a few leads here to try out at least - Dashi or Miyako sounds like the go so far and Furusato for delivery - I am happy to try these out as well and see how they compare with what I used to eat in Japan - I have times where I really *need* to have some good Japanese food - those of you who have lived and worked in Japan in the past will know what I mean :)

Try here:

http://pickupthefork.com/2013/06/13/lost-in-belgrano-bistro-tokyo/

The blog is usually reliable, worth a whirl.

We just ordered from Furusato and liked it. Is it the best sushi I've ever eaten? No. But very good. We ordered a smaller combo than pmacay, and it was more than enough.
N

If you are in San Telmo, this place has a very traditional menu, all made to order, very fresh. The place is very simple and the clients are a mix of the Japanese community and the occasional rock star.
Not sure how prices compare to other sushi places as this is the only one I go to, but sushi is never cheap. . .
Nikkai (Asociación Japonesa en Argentina). Av. Independencia 732
it fills up after 9pm, you can make reservations.
They also have another place on defensa, but it is not as good, too modern (strawberries in rolls!) for my taste.

And this place I have never been to, but it got good reviews:
http://www.guiaoleo.com.ar/restaurantes/Sukiyaki-2115

Back