Good Time To Buy An Apartment?

I enjoy reading your views on Argentina sitting from your home in Nagoya.

No,No Ceviche-san, Not in Nagoya, Iam Kanto boy, don't mingle with the Kansai people. Tokyo boys never bargain to purchase anything, just buy it if you like it. In meantime, the Osaka ~ Nagoya people are like the Chinese they always asking for discount!

I am writing today from the idillyc Danville CA..Temp hovering around 80F ! Got to take a plunge at the Gym's pool today!

https://www.google.com/search?q=danville+ca+pics&es_sm=93&tbm=isch&tbo=u&source=univ&sa=X&ei=xdSEU6P7K43toASz0oKQDg&ved=0CCoQsAQ&biw=1378&bih=737

Wow, Bahia Blanca is not as bad as been depicted by many forumites ! I kind liking the scenery contemplating these photos..

https://www.google.com/search?q=bahia+blanca+argentina+pics&es_sm=93&tbm=isch&tbo=u&source=univ&sa=X&ei=yNGEU4HtIMHfoATQpYDwBA&ved=0CC0QsAQ&biw=1378&bih=737

I'd say Bahia Blanca has the loveliest refineries in all of Argentina.

Wow, Bahia Blanca is not as bad as been depicted by many forumites ! I kind liking the scenery contemplating these photos..

https://www.google.c...iw=1378&bih=737

A note about the images in the link, Hybrid-san: If you drag you cursor over the first two (somewhat spectacular) photos of beaches you will see the words "Pinamar" and Miramar" in the links. These beaches are not in Bahia Blanca. I they were, Bahia Blanca would be a much more desirable place to visit and/or live.

Now is a good time because the market is freeze and there is always people who needs to sell. In those cases, you can offer 30% less, and they migh accept.

Prices for well located apartments in nice neighborhoods have NOT come down by very much. I know several people who work in real estate sales and rentals and while apartment sales are about 1/3 of what they were in 2011, in terms of volume, prices have remained stable or increased a few percentage points.

I do not know much about real estate markets, though I am familiar with stock markets. If they would behave the same, then declining sales typically precede a change in trend. There are low sales because there is a disagreement between buyers and sellers, but sooner or later one side has to give in. With the uncertainty hanging over the economy I would not buy property now.

I was looking appartments these days. Everybody suggest for make an offer without even asking for a discount. If you have dollars you rule. 30, 40% off, you name it. Otherwise it is too expensive.

The disagreement is about if the payment is in pesos or dollars toongeorges.

Go ahead and make offers 30% off. You won't get anything (yet). There is an established market price in every neighborhood. If you are a serious buyer it would be good to know what those prices are in advance.

Whether now is a good time to buy a property or not is very subjective. Depends on how badly you need a property now, whether you are a resident, want to live in it, looking to rent it, etc.

If you are a seller now is a really good time to sell. It will only get harder. If the government decides to bankarize sales you won't be able to get Dollars for your property or be able to send Dollars out of the country legally. That's when the vultures start offering you 30% to 40% less than asking price.

Back