Good Time To Buy An Apartment?

30%, 40% less is the real price. Right now there is a bubble where what you call the vulpures are the sellers. That´s why nobody buys...heeeellooooooo.

Reactions: Joe
So, you are saying is that if a buyer seller gets an offer that is close to their asking price they should take it and run?

(edited)

I don´t know if I understand you properly:

The problem with the local real state market is that they ask by m2 no matter the quality of the construction. Now that there is so much offer and no demand, you can choose a property that really deserves you money.

Then as a buyer, you make an offer and you have more chances to negociate because the price is already too high. If you can get the "discount" that you want, you can make a good deal.

Argentines sellers don´t like to bargain but now is a good time for that.

The deal now is to buy in pesos, the whole struggling is about that, that´s why I asserted that if you have usd you rule.

I don´t know if I understand you properly:

Apologies, that's because I wrote "buyer" instead of "seller." I edited my other post. I agree with you here in principle.

You are saying that buyers should make offers at a discount because there are more properties on the market than there are buyers. And sellers, if they can get an offer that is in the ballpark (close) to their asking price they should certainly take it. Yes?

Go ahead and make offers 30% off. You won't get anything (yet). There is an established market price in every neighborhood. If you are a serious buyer it would be good to know what those prices are in advance.

Whether now is a good time to buy a property or not is very subjective. Depends on how badly you need a property now, whether you are a resident, want to live in it, looking to rent it, etc.

If you are a seller now is a really good time to sell. It will only get harder. If the government decides to bankarize sales you won't be able to get Dollars for your property or be able to send Dollars out of the country legally. That's when the vultures start offering you 30% to 40% less than asking price.
Thanks, do you think government can order sellers to sell in pesos ? People can always do dollar deals under the table. The way government is printing peso, no one will be willing to take peso, plus who knows how long this government is going to last? Have you seen what happened in Thailand, the middle class is pissed of by CFK like president.
The whole thing could change in 1.5 years, to better direction. You never know. If there is too much bad sh*t, good sh*t is going to come.

I don t say they should buy or sell. I say that Argentines are not used to bargain (specially sellers) but now bargain is a fact. So, whatever they ask, is a bluff, the real price is another, a lot lower.

Thanks, do you think government can order sellers to sell in pesos ? People can always do dollar deals under the table. The way government is printing peso, no one will be willing to take peso, plus who knows how long this government is going to last? Have you seen what happened in Thailand, the middle class is pissed of by CFK like president.
The whole thing could change in 1.5 years, to better direction. You never know. If there is too much bad sh*t, good sh*t is going to come.

Here you are confused. The big issue is the following: if you put in the papers that you sold in pesos but you have usd, it doesn t make sense to do reverse money laundry. I mean, you have a house with legal money and you get dirty money for the afip.

On the other side, you buy and you pay in usd but you didn t declared those usd because you bought them in the blue market because the seller wants usd...ups..you want the escritura en pesos.

So, I clarify: if you have usd and you are ok with doing the escritura in usd (it means the money is legal) you rule.

Back