Got here - What happened to winter?

Pearly

Registered
Arrived this morning, and made it safely to my new abode. Big question - I thought it was winter - What happened??

Looking forward to the adventure, which begins right away... Cafe for lunch me thinks.

John

It seems that every year for about one or two weeks in the middle of winter the weather gets much warmer. No clue why but I am not going to complain about it.

va2ba said:
It seems that every year for about one or two weeks in the middle of winter the weather gets much warmer. No clue why but I am not going to complain about it.

Perhaps, but it wasn't like that in '07. That was my first winter here and that winter was cold and depressing.

Last night I saw a mosquito in my kitchen. I'm hoping for an extended cold snap late August to kill off the Mosquitos before spring.

Well, I like to think I brought the warm weather with me :)....

Just been to El Federal for a coffee, and found The Gibraltar bar, which is only two blocks from my apartment - Oh dear..... Poked my head in, but it was very quiet, mind you it is the middle of the day - may head back there tonight, looks like a proper pub, although El Federal was very like old bars in Spanish cities, with a few tourists along the way (He says as if he is something different!).... Loving the place so far..

We're neighbours then, John. Welcome to the República de San Telmo, you'll like it here. There's a small chance I'll be in Gibraltar later... do you have a mobile number yet? If so PM it to me, it'd be a pleasure to meet up and help you settle in...

I'm a bit busy between now and the end of the Copa América (I'm a football journalist), but all the same, get in touch.

This week has been unusually warm. Last week was in the single digits!

Welcome to Buenos Aires

Cafe for lunch? If you have time go directly to Establecimiento General del Cafe right infront of Hospital Aleman in Pueyrredon Ave.

The coffee is deliciuous!

Have fun!

Cheers,

Alice

August here is the January of the Northern Hemisphere. That still isn't saying much. But keep the winter clothes handy. Very likely that you'll still need them.

Back