Got milk? (if not you may want to stock-up)

surfing

Registered
http://www.lanacion.com.ar/1479433-...po-anunciaron-un-paro-nacional-por-siete-dias

For those who may not read Spanish, it basically says:

Starting at midnight tonight until next Tuesday the farming sector will have a strike ceasing all production of grains, meat and dairy products. The previously announced nine day strike was only for the province of Buenos Aires; this one is for the whole country.

I don't know when this will show up on the store shelves but i wouldn't wait to find out.

It's actually a 9-day strike that began yesterday. Clarin reported that yesterday only 197 cattle arrived at the Liniers market for slaughter, as opposed to the usual 1500-3000 per day.

In the past, these strikes weren't too painful. There were spot shortages and vendors pricing things to take advantage of the shortages. Still, you could find about anything you needed, although you might need to stop by a couple vendors to find it.

jimdepalermo said:
It's actually a 9-day strike that began yesterday. Clarin reported that yesterday only 197 cattle arrived at the Liniers market for slaughter, as opposed to the usual 1500-3000 per day.

In the past, these strikes weren't too painful. There were spot shortages and vendors pricing things to take advantage of the shortages. Still, you could find about anything you needed, although you might need to stop by a couple vendors to find it.
I edited my post to clarify that this seven day national strike is in addition to the nine day strike in the province of Buenos Aires.

Back