Govt Says No More MoneyGram?

genialf said:
Is the getting money out via paypal scam still on?

I was wondering the same. There was an article in an newspaper here that said it is, but it probably changed already. I read there is a limit of <100USD per transaction.

Hi ppl,

Any news on the subject?
If Maguiexpress won't give dollars (well, there's no hope I bet), then if anyone knows what is their exchange rate? I've seen somewhere over the internet that last November it was around 6.50, i.e. higher than the official rate.

Please give some info, thanks! ;)

When I´ve checked moneygram.com site yesterday, it inferred the only currency they could send from Canada,
for example, to Argentina was US$. And the only currency Moneygram would send from Argentina
to Canada was US$.
I noticed though, numerous errors on the sites re locations, hours, services offered at the location, ec.
Check moneygram.com and see for yourself. I almost wonder if the site might be bogus.

So why is it then that Xoom is not also shut down? I don't get it.

I wonder if it might be because, at least for some countries, moneygram.com
was only offering to deal in US$, sending or receiving in Argentina.

I was wondering the same. There was an article in an newspaper here that said it is, but it probably changed already. I read there is a limit of <100USD per transaction.

A few days ago, we had some Argentine friends send us about US$1000 in anticipation of an upcoming trip to California.

Back