Gov't will Introduce "Tourist Dollar"

I'm surprised that the percentage is only 16% (curious how they derived that metric, too...). I'm curious what the tourism market looks like (eg. where people come from and where they go). My assumption would be that the majority of tourists from the USA, Europe would just use their credit cards without knowing better or feeling comfortable with cash exchange.

It looks like tourists from USA, Canada, and Europe account for 26% of tourists here, but that doesn't directly translate to dollars spent: https://www.casarosada.gob.ar/inter...-foreign-tourism-in-argentina-hits-new-record
Tourists are probably mostly from Brazil, Uruguay, Paraguay, Bolivia, Chile crossing the land borders buying subsidised fuel and other goods and returning home.

Re-engaing this old thread... is there anywhere on the BCRA website or some other official government website that says the new rate for foreign credit cards will mirror the MEP rate? I've found this document on the BCRA website but it does not get as specific to say at which rate the new dollar type will measure.

Back