Graffiti Is A Crime In The Capital Federal

yes the policemen are too busy chatting to shopkeepers and texting their girlfriends when they are suppose to be fighting crime.

Right, lets start a campaign to nick all the graffiti artisits and jaywalkers. A very effective use of resources.

Do you have graffiti on the building where you live?
Would you welcome graffiti on the building where you live?

No, there are no graffitis on the building. Second question depends: I'd welcome one of those colorful pictures that are street art, while I'd dislike tags or random texts.
My point was also not to say graffiti on private properties should not be a crime, but rather to say that I disagree with the generalization that all graffiti makes a city look like a slum. Obviously the law can and should not judge whether a graffiti is art or not and the unwanted painting of private property should be a crime; that being said, I still like quite a few of these street arts some of which are in fact not sprayed with the permission of the owner.

Newsflash. He Was Correct.

Do you see him with a motorbike? What do you want him to do, take off in hot pursuit on foot? The traffic police have a handy yellow vest with "Transito" written in bold black letters so that tourists and residents alike can pick them out. I'd have worked out a way to book you for wasting my time if I were said beat cop.

Use a bit of common sense, in most countries in the world the traffic branch handle motoring infractions and beat police are there for to protect against what could loosely be termed "street crime" , your petty wittering about jaywalking is hardly an issue that warrants attention for god's sake.

If I was a local cop I would laugh in the face of elderly cantankerous ex-pats complaing about bloody jaywalking or asking me to arrest kids spraypainting other people's buildings. Wake up, there are more serious issues that need attention rather than your list of pet hates. I'd rather they were prioritising the mugging, pickpocketing and various other priority problems. Police resources are fairly squeezed as it is without dealing with the complaints of every other out of town windbag !

It was not jaywalking. It was a marked crosswalk, and he could easily stop traffic. To you, splattering a pedestrian in the crosswalk is not a "serious issue?" Then be my guest in being the first to challenge a speeding car there.

No, there are no graffitis on the building. Second question depends: I'd welcome one of those colorful pictures that are street art, while I'd dislike tags or random texts.
My point was also not to say graffiti on private properties should not be a crime, but rather to say that I disagree with the generalization that all graffiti makes a city look like a slum. Obviously the law can and should not judge whether a graffiti is art or not and the unwanted painting of private property should be a crime; that being said, I still like quite a few of these street arts some of which are in fact not sprayed with the permission of the owner.

Mural art is increasing in the city. It's not graffiti. You stop to look at mural art; you pass by the graffiti that has no purpose. What is going on in the minds of those who scribble nonsense on private property to express themselves? Not much. They're taking a risk being arrested.

I spoke with the people who work in the factory that was vandalized with graffiti. They noticed it, but didn't think much about it. That's the mindset that many have here.

This is definitely not art for me.

If I was a local cop I would laugh in the face of elderly cantankerous ex-pats complaing about bloody jaywalking or asking me to arrest kids spraypainting other people's buildings. Wake up, there are more serious issues that need attention rather than your list of pet hates. I'd rather they were prioritising the mugging, pickpocketing and various other priority problems. Police resources are fairly squeezed as it is without dealing with the complaints of every other out of town windbag !
Sounds like you might be the "cantankerous ex-pat" in this forum :)

I hate tags!!! I wish I could catch the SOB that tags my building and my block. Not sure he would survive….. and I'm not a violent person :=)

Seriously, the wall art is excellent. I believe it is allowed with permission or on public buildings facing open spaces.

I regularly paint out the tags on my building and my street on Sunday mornings before the street awakes. The more I paint it out, the less it appears. I hope to expand to streets around me someday.

I hate tags.

Tom

The streets are a free for all, unless someone gets hurt or the crime is big enough (if the amount stolen is significant), no one does a thing. Pedestrians jay walk all the time, they ignore the traffic lights (don't walk seems to translate into walking through moving traffic is nice). Drivers do whatever they please... it's the jungle out there. The cop at the bank not worrying about the cars running over pedestrians? I'm sorry but ajoknoblauch has a point. If a car hit a person would it become his job then?

I'm sorry but ajoknoblauch has a point. If a car hit a person would it become his job then?

Well you don't see that often :p

And it depends, I'm sure there's some rule where he needs to call his supervisor, you know, to not take away work
from someone else, and that is of course ONLY if he's had his mandatory Mate break, which is different than the
stand and chat with shop keeps break.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
S Expat Life 8
G Culture 2
A Newcomers Forum 17
K Entertainment 0
F Culture 20
Back