How should Greeks vote in Sunday's Referendum

• Yes - for German forced Austerity

Votes: 6 26.1%
  • No - force the Euro-tyrants to Renegotiate a non-Austerity solution

Votes: 16 69.6%
  • No Opinion

Votes: 1 4.3%

• Total voters
AFAIK, lots of great social plans, like AUH, exist just because we dont have to pay debt interests. And yes, in absolute terms the debt continued growing, but we owed like 150% of GDP and now close to 40%.

Yes, defaulting is great. I don;t think that was ever in dispute. The issue raised was solving a external debt issue by printing money, which Bajo suggested as a solution, to which I pointed that those who tried (including Wiemar) failed. And then you come along claiming that "it worked for Argentina".

By this logic Menem was great.

The case of Menem was very 'special', cause we came from hyperinflation, which caused the rise of nazism. What I mean is that hyperinflation is an extreme situation to people, and whetever comes its like a salvation. Deity. Menem got inflation from one thousand per month to zero, in 2 years. It was by taking huge debts, selling everything the state had, with 25% unemployment, etc, but in 1995, when he won, we had inflation 0% and we were, at that moment, pretty stable.

Yes, defaulting is great. I don;t think that was ever in dispute. The issue raised was solving a external debt issue by printing money, which Bajo suggested as a solution, to which I pointed that those who tried (including Wiemar) failed. And then you come along claiming that "it worked for Argentina".

External debt? It is an issue for the creditors not for the greek citizens. To print money allows the country to recover its economy.
The debt must be restructured as it was done in Argentina. There is no rush for that.

It can not be compared with the example you gave because Grece didn`t loose any war. They just can stop paying without an army that starts attacking them the day after.

Back