Ground Lamb, Turkey, Or Chicken?

There are new, old-fashioned hand grinders all over china town. I was silly enough to carry one in my suitcase from USA.
Nancy

I am looking for a good spice grinder or a coffee bean grinder. ANy suggestions where to get one. Looked on mercado Libre, did not like what I saw.

I think I saw coffee grinders at Garbarino and/ or Fravega. They sell them in the same stores as washing machines and TVs.
Nancy

^ completely agree. I got a meat grinder attachment for my mixer for about 500 pesos last year and I've definitely gotten my money's worth out of it.

There are new, old-fashioned hand grinders all over china town. I was silly enough to carry one in my suitcase from USA.
Nancy

I was silly enough to buy one. :eek: After just 1 time cranking out lambburgers for 10 people that thing was relegated to the white elephant give away pile and I placed an order for the kitchenaid attachment.

For spices actually. But I heard ( no personal experience), that even a coffee grinder does the job. Your thoughts?

Coffee is harder on grinders (because of its oils) than spices and more finikey about consistency. A cheap blade coffee grinder (ironically not really any good for coffee) should work fine for spices.

http://articulo.mercadolibre.com.ar/MLA-452635778-molinillo-electrico-de-cafe-coolbrand-acero-inox-multiuso-_JM something like this would probably work fine for you.

Back