Groupon Etc - For Non Residents

bseabrooke

Registered
Hello All

My friend will be coming over to stay and I would like to take her to Iguazu. I have seen really great all included deals on websites like Groupon, but they say it is only available to residents and she will obviously only be on a tourist visa.

Has anyone bought one of these deals as a non-resident? I know in a travel agency you just pay more, but that doesnt seem to be an option here. I don't want to buy it then get turned away at the airport.

Thanks for your help, as always.

Hello All

My friend will be coming over to stay and I would like to take her to Iguazu. I have seen really great all included deals on websites like Groupon, but they say it is only available to residents and she will obviously only be on a tourist visa.

Has anyone bought one of these deals as a non-resident? I know in a travel agency you just pay more, but that doesnt seem to be an option here. I don't want to buy it then get turned away at the airport.

Thanks for your help, as always.

Who says Groupon is only available to residents? Over the last few years I have bought 30-40 household items, restaurant meals, sports items etc. without any problem whatsoever. I don't have my DNI, was never asked, it just never came up. I pay on-line with a USA-based credit card, print out the little coupon they email you a day later, and a week or two later I go pick-up the item (or go have the nice meal). Never once was I asked to show a DNI, only occasionally some type of ID (like a photocopy of a passport), but normally just the groupon coupon. Ditto at restaurants. Just do it!

Having said that, I would guess there might be a problem with travel packages involving domestic airfare, because the cheaper airfares WITHIN ARGENTINA are supposedly available only to those with a DNI. Of course there are workaround 'cheats' on this too, for example using your passport number without the last digit, then printing out your own boarding pass the night before (avail. on-line) and then confidently strolling through the airport waving your boarding pass, and using only carry-on luggage. Search this forum for details, I've done it several times. The worst that could happen is they charge you the difference for the higher, non-resident discriminatory airfare. But then again this is a non-problem if you're taking International flights e.g. to Buzios in Brasil, because there's no such price discrimination.

Suerte!
-Jim

I tell you, creativity increases when you live in Argentina. You guys who have adopted Argentina are almost as creative as those who were born here. Amazes me!

Back