Hair Salon

I also highly recommend Ryan Oakley...he is very talented, speaks native English, has competitive prices and is a joy to work with!

I recommend Ryan as well, he is really good and KNOWS how to cut hair. After some horrible experiences I was really happy to meet him.

I have horribel hair. and no one can cut it in this country. it you knwo a person who is good with terrible nothern European hair ? I need presicion cuts a al Sassoon

mendoza70 said:
. . . . knwo a person who is good with terrible nothern European hair ? . . . .
I'm not a woman, but I do have what could be termed "terrible northern European hair". Carlos Olivares at "Orange", at Echeverría 2640, cuts it very well. ("Orange" bills itself as a "salón unisex", and I'm occasionally the only male customer in the place.)

I think you'd do very well to go to Sr. Olivares.

I had a recommendation to go to Javier Luna. He has done hair in the US for models and is supposed to be great. My boyfriend speaks Spanish- so he made the appointment. He told them that I needed full highlights and a cut. He asked how much it would cost me- and they told him it would be around 200 to 250 pesos at most. I pay more than 2x that in the US- so not a terrible deal. I went- my guy was good, but not great. It took close to four hours, and at the end they told me my bill was 560 pesos. More than twice of what they quoted on the phone. They even charged me for washing out the chemicals- 60 pesos! I am still a bit bitter and do not want someone else to get gringofied when getting their hair done here. I definitely got taken advantage of!

A quote is a quote....you should NOT have paid more than what they said it was going to be, period!!

I would have given them the 250 and walked out the door!

I did learn that everything is "ala cart" so to speak....cut one price, wash another price, products used another price...crazy!

Lesson learned the hard way...but good notice to others that might have considered going to this salon.

RWS said:
I'm not a woman, but I do have what could be termed "terrible northern European hair". Carlos Olivares at "Orange", at Echeverría 2640, cuts it very well. ("Orange" bills itself as a "salón unisex", and I'm occasionally the only male customer in the place.)

I think you'd do very well to go to Sr. Olivares.

I'm curious, how would you describe terrible Northern European Hair?

By the way, I cut and highlight my hair at a veeeery cheap place in Nuñez, after years of being the stupid foreigner in every country I lived in (I still cry when I remember that time I paid 185 US$ in 98 in Miami, or when I look at the back of my head and remember the Uruguayan high profile stylist on drugs who made my head look like it got attacked by a possum...) I finally found a place where I never pay more than 100 pesos for highlights, cut and styiling, and I never have to wait!!! It's good to be home!!!:)

Higlights are highlights. Platinada is a full head of yellow, more like Susana Giménez, and I don't go for her look.

Back