Hairdresser that speaks English?

Has anyone tried Stevan from London. I'm just lost without Ryan and need my blonde locks cut and natural looking highlights. I know about Terri Orr too, so no need to recommend. :) I tried Richard Fitch back in '10 and was not impressed (sorry)...he bleached my hair and it took months to get back to normal.

If you haven't given Raymond a try, definitely do so. You can find him on this thread if you search it, or you can PM me and I'll pass on his number (not sure I should post it here, would rather err on the side of caution with people's info...)
good luck
Julie

George McFly, an English speaking Argentine, is a truly fabulous hairdresser. He used to work for Roho (one of the top salons in Buenos Aires) and now works out of his apartment in the centre of San Telmo. He charges about $70 a cut and he is brilliant. Short hair and curls don't frighten him either for those wondering. His English is good and getting better as he looks after loads of foreigners (and more since since dear Ryan returned to Canada).
And apart from of course being the super hairdresser that he is, he has such a lovely sense of humour and is super buena onda. I can't recommend him highly enough.

011 - 156- 251 - 3112
[email protected]

If you come to EstudioH.net and ask for kasper thomas, i speak english and danish, I do color and cut in the european way and I am very good with short hair aswell..
Check my work here: kasperthomas.blogspot.com my work from Denmark, mostly from shows and photo shoots...

Best in Buenos Aires ..... Javier Aranda 15-6421-9341 by appt only in a provate salon in Recoleta on Santa Fe. He does a lot of models, TV personalities, and he's a sweetie!

lizlaz24 said:
Best in Buenos Aires ..... Javier Aranda 15-6421-9341 by appt only in a provate salon in Recoleta on Santa Fe. He does a lot of models, TV personalities, and he's a sweetie!

How much does he charge?

I contacted Javier (Javi) after reading great reviews on expat and travel sites. I often come to Buenos Aires; I'm a man that has (at a relatively young age) a lot of white (not grey) hair so usually the color does not take very well. My session with Javi resulted in the best haircut and color I have ever had and I am not exaggerating. I have had my hair cut in some of the best salons in Paris, London, NY, Milan, Munich, Barcelona, and yes even BA and Javi did something unusual which was give me a hair style and color that was suited to me, inline with and enhancing my overall appearance. My past experience was that salons style hair to make the hair itself look styled in the hopes that 1) it looks good and 2) the overall appearance of the person that the hair sits on will be enhanced. I believe it's a subtle difference in empathizing with and prioritizing the needs of the client. Simple theoretically but until our session I had not seen it in practice. That subtle difference results in a markedly different outcome. Thanks Javi for the experience.

Jack

Just had a haircut with Javier. Dare i say, he's probably better than my regular hairdresser at home. I highly recommend him. Plus, he's a good guy and his home salon is in a great location. Reasonable price (100 pesos for men).

Be careful.went to one who speaks english?asked for a trim and he shaved two lines from back to front,why you want to look like a tram?he said....hehe.

Back