Hanging in there?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi, In some ways we're doing well. Regular deliveries of groceries, meats and fresh fruits and veg. We're doing yoga classes and other exercises at home and doing long walks. But we're sufferring from the restrictions on our lives. We recently had the birth of a grandchild and also a death in the family so it's been especially tough to not be able to travel to be with family members.
Tomorrow we're getting tested for antibodies which might mean we have some immunity.
I get solicitations from condos in Punta del Este, $125k-usd and I get the condo and residency in Uruguay.
How are you doing?

I am good, thanks for asking. Only really going out for needed things and occasional diner out with one or two friends I know follow good protocols. We go early before the crowds hit. 7 PM places are empty making lots of distance from no one. Summer is coming but so far they are not planning on opening the borders. Unless something unforeseen like a vaccine comes out.

Really wanting this to be over would like to get back to Arg for some time and see some friends etc. I am sure it is the same for you and many of us. Everything is open here but bars and discos and we have few cases but we have had outbreaks here and there. So you just never know where is next so I prefer to lay low and stay with my protocols.

Igor :"Could be worse."
Igor: "Could be raining."

With ups and downs.
Quit my job after almost 30 years, not going near the area in these conditions. Usually not safe in a good day and pay was nowhere near reasonable. Had enough.

Most happy with the spousal unit, missing the rest of the family.

Supply chain doing fine enough.
Getting fat and lazy. Delicious delivery food from across the street is a slow killer.

Sad to see the closed stores.

Iz

Still teaching English online. Still getting fat. Still being careful as I can.

My students in China tell me the corona is essentially beaten and over with. Life going back to normal, schools open, economy recovering briskly, but people still wearing masks in public and especially on trains, just to be safe. My Taiwanese students say the same. Koreans still struggling, but getting better.

You watch mask wearing become a thing in the western world... I hate it, takes away from the human interaction. Covid and other viruses will continue to exist while this planet spins

You watch mask wearing become a thing in the western world... I hate it, takes away from the human interaction. Covid and other viruses will continue to exist while this planet spins

Well at the moment the mask is the logical defense and prevention we have. Would not be wise to approach me without one in public you will be duly warned and rebuked for your conduct. Which has taken place here a few times already.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back