Harvard Student Studing In Ba Looking For Work

Good advice from someone who can barely write English and has never been to Argentina. :)

Maybe you should hire him to correct your posts!
I always use Google translate for writing in this forum. And yet not have visited Argentina? What is the co-relation of giving advise permissible or not?
sleslie23, you sure do possess a double character of ethical quality. A time you are suave with me but next, Me hincha mi pelota!
Why all these sarcasm towards me? I think never harmed you in any way. Just curious why the constant Non-epithet towards me?

If you dislike my posts, just do not read them...

He has advertised on craigslist for his services but has not received the response he had hoped for.
He has a friend visiting from Harvard at the end of May who could bring Harvard t-shirts if you really believe that he could sell them for a profit.
It sounds like you could be a valuable resource for my son.

I don't know about you, but I have to type everything on this page multiple times. I thought my keyboard was broken when I posted.

Just a thought here... but if the son is here on a student visa, then he cannot be earning an income of any kind.
Is he planning on changing his visa so he can earn money?

Just a thought here... but if the son is here on a student visa, then he cannot be earning an income of any kind.
Is he planning on changing his visa so he can earn money?

If he has a DNI, he can do work and have income.

DNI~ Green Card

He has advertised on craigslist for his services but has not received the response he had hoped for.
He has a friend visiting from Harvard at the end of May who could bring Harvard t-shirts if you really believe that he could sell them for a profit.
It sounds like you could be a valuable resource for my son.

Since you are new to the forum you probably haven't had the chance to read about the various items expats have brought with them to resell in BA to make some extra dinero. Most of the posts have been about iphones and other electronics, but there's always a question about how much to bring without having to pay the 50% customs duty.

Perhaps a few members who have recently been "rewarded" for their entrepreneurial efforts will share their stories. That might give your son and his friend some ideas. Bringing a suitcase full of pre-owned Ralph Lauren and other designer dress shirts is what I'd do if I was coming from an area with a lot of thrift shops and "high-end" donors (D.C. Chicago, San Francisco, etc). Even if it is a "crummy" way to earn extra money in Argentina, it is better than not having the extra dinero.

PS: If your son sells anything on Mercado Libre, my best advice is to only meet buyers in a public place (coffee shop) and always check the currency to be sure it's genuine. He will be able to sell more quickly if he offers to sell "sin compromiso" and which means the buyer can decline the purchase when he sees the item in person and does not want to complete the sale.

You can use the advance search here to find topics that discus selling on Mercado Libre. Enter "mercado libre" in the search box and search only in titles and have thee results displayed as a "topic list." Click on the sprocket next to the magnifying glass to get to the advance search.

Since you are new to the forum you probably haven't had the chance to read about the various items expats have brought with them to resell in BA to make some extra dinero. Most of the posts have been about iphones and other electronics, but there's always a question about how much to bring without having to pay the 50% customs duty.

Perhaps a few members who have recently been "rewarded" for their entrepreneurial efforts will share their stories. That might give your son and his friend some ideas. Bringing a suitcase full of pre-owned Ralph Lauren and other designer dress shirts is what I'd do if I was coming from an area with a lot of thrift shops and "high-end" donors (D.C. Chicago, San Francisco, etc). Even if it is a "crummy" way to earn extra money in Argentina, it is better than not having the extra dinero.

PS: If your son sells anything on Mercado Libre, my best advice is to only meet buyers in a public place (coffee shop) and always check the currency to be sure it's genuine. He will be able to sell more quickly if he offers to sell "sin compromiso" and which means the buyer can decline the purchase when he sees the item in person and does not want to complete the sale.

You can use the advance search here to find topics that discus selling on Mercado Libre. Enter "mercado libre" in the search box and search only in titles and have thee results displayed as a "topic list." Click on the sprocket next to the magnifying glass to get to the advance search.

OK, on the 'thrift shops' scooping but, he being in Harvard school, he must own a smart brain. So his Mom is thinking teaching English
is a way to making some extra Dinero in Bs As. Teaching there is more classier than peddling used RL Ropas procured in thrift shops
despite making way less doing so.

Just so you know, unless you're divulging some personal information(!), the exp<b></b>ression is me hincha las pelotas (as in the 2 men generally have...)
Sigh, I have to divulge in the forum that "lost la otra pelota" in a Karate match way back in my twenties! Por lo tanto,tengo solo
una bola!

I always use Google translate for writing in this forum. And yet not have visited Argentina? What is the co-relation of giving advise permissible or not?
sleslie23, you sure do possess a double character of ethical quality. A time you are suave with me but next, Me hincha mi pelota!
Why all these sarcasm towards me? I think never harmed you in any way. Just curious why the constant Non-epithet towards me?

If you dislike my posts, just do not read them...

Hybrid, I always enjoy reading your posts and find your English usage very charming. I also have a sneaking suspicion that you are a native English speaker having fun with us, using Peter Lorre's speech pattern as your model.... In any case, language is about communicating, something that you do very well. So there's no need to be apologetic about prepositions --

Back