Has Anyone Ever Brought A Dog From Eze To The States?

With united airlines (and continental since they are the same in Argentina) I am positive that you must ship the dog as cargo and this go through a broker. I am bein robbed for 2100 including kennel and transport to EZE so expect to pay anywhere between 1200-2200 depending on the service. The rules just changed recently in Argentina and Christina is just finding more ways to fatten her pockets but taxing heavily on cargo exports. Good luck to anyone trying to do this and make sure that you start the process because it is very complicated and precise. Suerte a todos

That is insane. Guess Samson will be staying in the states. :(
I posted this awhile back: [background=rgb(252, 252, 252)](Match 2012) I shipped my 80lb, 2 year old boxer from Fort Lauderdale to Buenos Aires. I used Continental/United's 'Petsafe' transport service. I found the service to be excellent. When I dropped him off they said they'd keep him in the air conditioned office until the last minute then put him on the flight. In Houston he had a change of planes and 3 hour layover during which they walked him and kept him in air conditioning (boxers can easily become overwhelmed by the heat). He arrived on time, safe and happy. Please just make sure that the transport kennel is extra/extra big so the dog can stand up easily and that its ventilated on all 4 sides. [/background]
[background=rgb(252, 252, 252)]Note: [/background][background=rgb(252, 252, 252)]I'd heard alot about the bureaucracy at EZE and seen many recommendations to use customs brokers. My wife visited EZE, asked alot of questions and determined that a broker wasn't necessary. Its not simple but she was able to get it all done without delay. When our dog arrived he only had to wait a few minutes before she could take him out of the airport. [/background]

I posted this awhile back: [background=rgb(252, 252, 252)](Match 2012) I shipped my 80lb, 2 year old boxer from Fort Lauderdale to Buenos Aires. I used Continental/United's 'Petsafe' transport service. I found the service to be excellent. When I dropped him off they said they'd keep him in the air conditioned office until the last minute then put him on the flight. In Houston he had a change of planes and 3 hour layover during which they walked him and kept him in air conditioning (boxers can easily become overwhelmed by the heat). He arrived on time, safe and happy. Please just make sure that the transport kennel is extra/extra big so the dog can stand up easily and that its ventilated on all 4 sides. [/background]
[background=rgb(252, 252, 252)]Note: [/background][background=rgb(252, 252, 252)]I'd heard alot about the bureaucracy at EZE and seen many recommendations to use customs brokers. My wife visited EZE, asked alot of questions and determined that a broker wasn't necessary. Its not simple but she was able to get it all done without delay. When our dog arrived he only had to wait a few minutes before she could take him out of the airport. [/background]

Jeff, I think the rules have changed since March. I just called the Pet Safe line for Continenal/United Airlines and confirmed that you are REQUIRED to have a broker now. The animal will not be released without one. What a racket! :angry:

I have a friend who is taking his JRT on as a carryon (in the cabin) with him next week flying to the UK. So maybe BA doesn't require a broker and/or that pets be checked?

Jeff, I think the rules have changed since March. I just called the Pet Safe line for Continenal/United Airlines and confirmed that you are REQUIRED to have a broker now. The animal will not be released without one. What a racket! :angry:
Indeed!!! A clear one page set of instructions would be all that is needed.
As I recall, the airlines strongly 'recommended' hiring a broker.
The forms even had many spaces for info on my broker, implying that it was normal to have one.
The loopholes we used were: in B.A. putting down that my girlfriend was the owner and she was receiving her own dog.
In Florida I put her info wherever the forms asked about a customs broker.
I would have hired a broker but I'm very fortunate that she is a doctor/hospital administrator who deals with bigger and more bureaucratic problems everyday.
We'll be happy to help you avoid this ripoff, just PM me.

I was told by our airline just over a week ago that the policies in Argentina regarding the transportation of pets via air-travel were changed recently and that users MUST now use a broker. I would call up your airline to confirm this before trying to go it alone...

Can anyone find a written source for this new regulation? Without that it's just hearsay. I can't count the number of times I have been given incorrect information by improvising airline agents.

I just went to SENASA's website and can't find anything on there that says that a broker is needed to bring them in, even if they are traveling without their owner. Of course, my Spanish isn't great so I may be missing something, but I did a translate on it too and still can't find where it says a broker is mandatory. Would really like to hear from someone that was able to get their animal into (or out of) the country within the last month or so without a broker.

The original poster was inquiring about taking a dog to the States FROM EZE.
The thread seems to have shifted to discussion about bringing a dog INTO EZE.
I ignored the requirement for a customs broker to bring a dog into EZE 6 months ago, had no problems.
PM me for info.

Back