Has Anyone Ever Brought A Dog From Eze To The States?

MattBuddah

Registered
Has anyone ever traveled with a dog to the states? I need to leave in a week with my pup and even though united airlines assured me that it would cost around 500 bucks I am now told that I must use a customs broker which could total close to $2000 usd. I have savings to buy a house and I love my dog like a son so if I must I will shell is out but for god sakes I am getting robbed blind. Does anyone have any advices or experiences to share?

Unfortunately, this is true. We brought our 2 cats and a dog to and from the US to BsAs and it cost nearly $4000. And that was a few years ago. Just checked again because we were getting a dog for our kids for christmas, but prices have gone up and more paperwork needs to be filed.

Are you going back for good? If not, then perhaps you can find someone to care for him or her while you are gone.

Gl, either way.

Many people have said the didn't use a broker and had no issues. I was trying to research this too and got so much conflicting information. The airlines seem clueless. I left my dog in the states with family, but would like to bring him down next year if we decide to stay longer. I fear having problems getting him into Argentina and then back out again in the future. Some people have horror stories, and other say it's a breeze. Makes me nervous.

Well the thing is that united airlines is forcing me to use a broker and also to ship the dog as cargo rather than baggage. Cargo is four times as expensive. I could just as easily walk my dog into the airport check him as baggage an pick him up in the states but united insists on complicating manners. I suggest you do as much research as early as possibly before attempting to travel with your dog.

Well the thing is that united airlines is forcing me to use a broker and also to ship the dog as cargo rather than baggage. Cargo is four times as expensive. I could just as easily walk my dog into the airport check him as baggage an pick him up in the states but united insists on complicating manners. I suggest you do as much research as early as possibly before attempting to travel with your dog.

Is that through their "Pet Safe" program? They make it sound so easy on their website and no mention of a broker needed from Argentina. This is what I mean by the airlines seem clueless. Starting to think I'll be leaving Samson with my dad for a while longer.

I was told by British Airways that I have to use a broker to ship my cats over to the UK too and we were quoted 1,000 per cat. You should check out the thread I started when I was mis-sent a quote for 2,000 per cat. There is one reply from a lady that went with the same broker that British Airways prefers to use to ship her dog to the US and it was just over 1,000 http://baexpats.org/topic/23997-high-cost-of-shipping-catdog-to-the-uk/page__hl__%2Bhigh+%2Bcost

Hello! I brought my dog from the States to Argentina and back again. I have TONS of info on this and I wrote several articles about it. I did not sue a broker and you in no way have to. If you do it on your own it will cost you several hundred for sure but no where near 2000. I would be happy to walk you through it. I think I even have copies of all the paperwork I needed so I could scan it and send it to you so you can see what you need. Just sent me an email at reasek [at] gmail.com

Hello! I brought my dog from the States to Argentina and back again. I have TONS of info on this and I wrote several articles about it. I did not sue a broker and you in no way have to. If you do it on your own it will cost you several hundred for sure but no where near 2000. I would be happy to walk you through it. I think I even have copies of all the paperwork I needed so I could scan it and send it to you so you can see what you need. Just sent me an email at reasek [at] gmail.com

Be sure that this information is still accurate. I have seen some posts that there were changes to Argentina's policies and they now require a broker be used. I'm not sure but if someone could clarify that would be great.

I was told by our airline just over a week ago that the policies in Argentina regarding the transportation of pets via air-travel were changed recently and that users MUST now use a broker. I would call up your airline to confirm this before trying to go it alone...

Back