Has anyone used XOOM before?

i would like to know it too. speed'may' was just for the month of may. Now that it's JUNE (ya??) there is probably a new one.

Can Xoom also be used to send pesos from an Argentine bank account to a US bank account in dollars? Or is it only used for transferring dollars from the US to Argentina?

Thanks!

How long did it take to get to your account? Did you transfer money from a U.S.A. bank to banco galicia?
Thanks

Sleuth said:
If you send $2999 (the maximum), your effective rate will be $4.8219 after their fees. Send $2000, your rate is $4.7739. Send $1000 your rate is $4.6327...

Make sure to pull it from your US bank account and not credit card as you will be subject to higher fees as well as cash advance fees and interest.

I sent a deposit to my Galicia account and it worked perfectly.

Not sure about transferring to a bank but for cash pickup, the first time it took almost a week because they asked for a number of documents. The second time took 3 days and the third time it took just 1 hour!

I tried using Xoom first time and it worked perfectly. For a test I sent $500 and got a bit less than 2850 pesos, which is close to 5.7. However, I had to pay a charge of about US$15 for the service.

I asked at the Retiro branch if there are any in Palermo - they said no. The branch on L is open till 7pm. A pain to go there, but everything went well inside.

Just called to MoreMT and they told me that only up to 5000ARS is allowed with no declaration of funds. Above that, you have to send to Xoom additional documentation.

Climber said:
Just called to MoreMT and they told me that only up to 5000ARS is allowed with no declaration of funds. Above that, you have to send to Xoom additional documentation.

Thats gonna be a problem...anyone else have this happen to them? I was planning on getting a $1000 US this week. Did you call the one on Libertad? Not that I don't believe you...but people in this country often tell you stuff when they have no clue. So I would wonder if you can still go and do it and this guy was just an idiot that told you that...

The form is just a money-laundering control. It's nothing to be concerned about. You can email or fax it to Xoom with your order number and they hand it off to MMT. (Or at least that's what they tell me.)

I'm attaching the form for anyone who needs it. If you're using the latest version of adobe reader, click Sign and then Add Text to fill it out online. You'll still need to print, sign, and scan it.

Attachments

• MMT Declaracion de fondos blanco.pdf
    15.7 KB · Views: 23
Back