Has The Long Awaited Crackdown On 90 Day Overstays Begun?

I personally find the immigration officials very friendly and jovial and nice. We often exchange jokes and chat small talk - when I am passing thru.

Perhaps that's because you are already a permanent resident (or citizen) and are not Chinese?

And perhaps the immigration officials aren't as racist as the historical policy (at least on an individual basis).
emo32.gif

Ritzz (the author I quoted in the first post of this thread) just posted this:

My case is very unique. I can't provide more information but my situation wouldn't apply to anyone else here on this forum (or if so, only a very small amount of people).

Perhaps thet will make some breathe easier.
emo32.gif

Ritzz (the author I quoted in the first post of this thread) just posted this:

Perhaps thet will make some breathe easier.
emo32.gif

Probably he is amongst those who came here on a visa applied via Argentine embassy in his home country?

Or with refugee status?

Probably he is amongst those who came here on a visa applied via Argentine embassy in his home country?

Or with refugee status?

Then why would he be asking about getting the FBI report in such a hurry?
emo32.gif

Hey, sorry I am here now haha.

But is the expat who got the letter from migraciones Chinese?
Ritzz sounds more like a "cracker from the USA" than a fortune cookie.
emo32.gif

You're right to assume I'm from the United States, I actually had the crackers in mind when I made the user haha.

I don't think anyone (or at least I) was advocating overstaying or anything else. I was simply saying that

a) 99% of the time, these posts are made by a first time poster and they never reappear so it's a bit..sketchy shall we say and

B) As important as it may be to those who are "permatourists", I don't think migraines is particularly concerned. I doubt there are many and if you're talking about those abusing the "tourist" visa, I"d be willing to bet you would find a lot more coming from other Mercosur countries as opposed to N/America/Europe. , I may be wrong but my friends in tourism/real estate/etc have told me they don't see nearly the numbers that they used to of people coming here.
Yes, I overstayed my visit and I am about a year and a half now. I spent 5 of those months in the hospital and and 2 more recovering (which gives me eligibility to become a resident). So really, I wouldn't consider myself a "Permatourist".. and that definitely isn't my plan once I regain the ability to walk.

My situation was very specific, I am uncomfortable talking about it, but I can tell you that I was under investigation for something. Originally I was unable to leave my province. I was cleared not guilty (allowing me to leave), and that's when I got the notice saying I had to show up at migrations. I am certain that the party who instigated the investigation also instigated the notice from migrations.

I also want to know from Bajo how exactly the Chinese get the visa for Argentina from Argentina embassy in Beijing. I know for sure, to get the Argentine visa in 3rd nd 4th world countries..its v v tough. So am wondering how are they getting this visa. How much are they paying? Or are they coming here without the visa from border of Bolivia ?
I had friends from Belarus who were trying to come in and they had a very hard time getting in. They went to their embassy, then an embassy in Brasil, then they tried going to a different country but they arrived to a closed down embassy (Thanks to Google Maps, haha). Anyways the embassies had said no they can't do it, so eventually he went through Brasil to the Argentine entrance at the Iguazu falls. He asked them for a day pass so they could see more of the cataratas and they obliged.

Yes, I overstayed my visit and I am about a year and a half now. I spent 5 of those months in the hospital and and 2 more recovering (which gives me eligibility to become a resident). So really, I wouldn't consider myself a "Permatourist".. and that definitely isn't my plan once I regain the ability to walk.

I'm sure that many who have overstayed (as well as those who haven't but don't want to leave Argentina) would like to know how five months in the hospital and two months in recovery gives anyone the eligibility to become a resident. Is there a special category for the physically disabled?

If there is, wheel chair rentals by expats are likely to skyrocket.
emo32.gif

I'm sure that many who have overstayed, as well as those who haven't but don't want to leave Argentina, would like to know how five months in the hospital and two months in recovery gives anyone the eligibility to become a resident. Is there a special category for the physically disabled?

emo32.gif

Very thoughtful query, Steve!

I'm sure that many who have overstayed (as well as those who haven't but don't want to leave Argentina) would like to know how five months in the hospital and two months in recovery gives anyone the eligibility to become a resident. Is there a special category for the physically disabled?

emo32.gif

Oh, you're so funny.

No, the only thing renting a wheel chair when you're not disabled will give you is eligibility to be a dick. However, I'm sure you'll be able to manage that on your own without a wheelchair.

http://www.migracion...osur_temporaria

There is a section for "Patients under medical treatment", which requires "Medical history stating clinical pathology and medical treatment to be followed in a health institution in THE ARGENTINA REPUBLIC.". My surgeon told me I was required to do treatment in a facility in Cordoba so he could continue to do studies (CAT scans), I've already asked for these papers and received them.

I'm EU citizen, mercosur permanent resident. For the first time ever I've been asked to show a return ticket at check in before flying to BA.

Back