How long has Subway restaurant been in BA?

Sleuth

Registered
Just went by the first Subway that I've seen in BA the other day, and it looks like there are at least 5 of them in Capital Federal now. Anyone know how long they have been open?

Are they the same as in the States?

A good while. They are in the process of an expansion process as well, if I remember an article I read in La Nacion a couple of months ago.

It is pretty much the same. Same sandwiches, etc. although some of the sauces are different here.

I looked into it last year, as was thinking it would be a good business here.. but the country franchise for subway was already owned by someone else in argentina, even though there were no restaurants open at that stage.

I know the subway on tucuman has been there for at least 2 years, but it's never busy. I took a group of argies once, they thought it was too "weird" to try.

My olde English roommate used to go by and get the cookies. They're pretty similar to the US cookies. She had a bit of an issue with food... and not being able to stop eating once she started.

I passed one in the microcenter (NOT the Tucuman location) this week with some foreigners and they chose not to eat there.

The location at the Galeria Pacifico is always pretty crowded. The sandwiches don't taste the same to me but they are still good.

Back