Have you ever wondered...

ptolemy

Registered
Have you ever noticed how over-night graffiti has appeared, of a purely political nature on the buildings around you, ..perhaps your house? Have you ever noticed individuals who appear on expat forums spraying the discussions with nonsensical and lengthy rants about how they hate the expat country in question? Have you ever wondered why they would even hang out on an expat site if they hated that country so much? Have you ever wondered, as someone else suggested, that these people were plants, being hired and paid?

I've seen them erupting in enough inconsequential forums (like tech stuff) to discard them being paid. They are just useful idiots that do it for free (or perhaps, for the chance to be paid or get a public job in the future).

I love that expression :) It reminds me of what we used to say when I was doing IT tech support/help desk work in the old days, ''never underestimate the stupidity of the user'' (or customer :) I think the same holds true today just as much as it did back then :) lol

Another one I quite like is this: "just because you're paranoid DOESN'T mean they AREN'T all out to get you'' :) Yes - as you can see - things are quiet for me on the helpline today - so I needed to do something to stay awake :) lol Fortunately Belgrano has some great coffee shops so I know where I'll be heading as soon as I knock off :)

The local expression for that is "APB" (A prueba de boludo, something like dumb proof).
Also, doing things APB is really hard, because Bs are really smart at making programs crash.

Speaking of coffee shops, are there any good coffee stores in this town? (I mean coffee beans, not prepared coffee) Thanks all!

ben said:
Speaking of coffee shops, are there any good coffee stores in this town? (I mean coffee beans, not prepared coffee) Thanks all!

http://www.bonafide.com.ar/es/html/default.htm

Click the Locales button to locate a retail outlet near you....

(In keeping with the theme of this thread, I started to post something to the effect of "there are no coffee shops worth anything in this God forsaken wasteland" but decided to play it straight instead. My original impulse would have been more fun though).

ben said:

http://estcafe.com.ar/html/tienda/

They have a decent selection... it will just be the most expensive coffee purchase of your entire life. Good coffee is one of the things I suggest stocking up on whenever you visit your home country.

I had some political graffiti on my house about Macri being 'pro nazi' so now i have a swastika on my house. not pleased.

Back