Have You Experienced Prejudice Or Racism In Argentina?

I don't think that's a racist thing. To my experience people here generally don't like the US because of all the innocent people your army killed.

So it's legitimate, then, to despise anybody with a blanco y celeste soccer jersey because of all the innocent people the Argentine military has killed?

I don't think that's a racist thing. To my experience people here generally don't like the US because of all the innocent people your army killed.

I seriously doubt it's because the Argentines really care about all the people killed in US wars. Not that I'm supporting those wars, but I think this anti-US sentiment might come more from perhaps jealousy, and the fact that the US refuses to keep supporting Argentina economically or politically.

You guys are forgetting the ENORMOUS influence the US had in all Latin American dictatorships (every Latin American country has "desaparecidos", a figure created by the US with the school of the Americas, etc) so have present every time you speak of hate against the US that the lower hours in 200 years of history these countries lived are directly linked to the US. It doesnt happen with Russia or even England, (we had a war against them!!) or any other country envolved in massacres, this hate as it happens with the US. It doesnt happen with any other country in the world. And the US is not of course the only one that kills innocent people (but the bigger).

You guys are forgetting the ENORMOUS influence the US had in all Latin American dictatorships (every Latin American country has "desaparecidos", a figure created by the US with the school of the Americas, etc) so have present every time you speak of hate against the US that the lower hours in 200 years of history these countries lived are directly linked to the US. It doesnt happen with Russia or even England, (we had a war against them!!) or any other country envolved in massacres, this hate as it happens with the US. It doesnt happen with any other country in the world. And the US is not of course the only one that kills innocent people (but the bigger).

So Russia and the Soviet Union never "disappeared" anybody? Stalin never carried out massacres? Russia had no responsibility for Cuba's human rights record? (Admittedly, the Cubans have proved capable of continuity even in the absence of the Soviets).

So Russia and the Soviet Union never "disappeared" anybody? Stalin never carried out massacres? Russia had no responsibility for Cuba? (Admittedly, the Cubans have proved capable of continuity even in the absence of the Soviets).

Exactly, what Im telling you is that we, and presumable lot of people world wide, have this hate towards the US despite having these other countries envolved in massacres, as Russia, France, England, etc
This here only happens with the US, and peope know very well Algeria, Chechenia or Englands participation in Irak and Afghanistan.

Ajo, my post in response to you went to moderation so I guess we will have to wait.

Back