Have You Experienced Prejudice Or Racism In Argentina?

Yes, we have experienced discrimination here, but no where near what our child suffered. She was enrolled in an all Spanish school and almost daily was told that her skin was the colour of corn, her blue eyes were ugly and also her hair. These were the more gentle observations made about her physical appearance and intelligence level. The harshest were the times she was told she looked like "The Scream". She came home asking what that was. We pulled it up on the Internet and only then learned that at school the kids were surrounding her taunting her with their hands on their cheeks and mouths open in silent screams. This was when she was in 2nd grade.

Truly unbelievable. What school was this at?

I am saying that at one time in my lifetime it was not offensive. Blacks would use the term in talking to whites as normally as they would talk about drinking a coke as opposed to Pepsi.

was that that time, back in the day, when there was equal opportunity for all? does the fact that the term was so normalised not set off any alarm bells for you?

Found many of the responses on this thread to Arlean's post disturbing. It is one thing to disagree with a persons's opinions or perspective but quite another to call someone ignorant, demean their writing style or mock their ideas totally unrelated to the thread subject on fluoride, organic products, etc. Lest we forget, Arlean is a long time member of this community and has contributed countless times to topics in an intelligent, thoughtful, and well informed manner. To berate a person does nothing to change, inform or educate. I have much respect for the civil response to Arlean, posted by GS Dirtboy.

Gringoboy,you know the F word the one women force men to use ....feelings ,,,right ?am i wrong about this or is there another F word?

No she meant the big one:
VPKJsV3.jpg

Thank Moloch Hitler never dropped that F bomb...

was that that time, back in the day, when there was equal opportunity for all? does the fact that the term was so normalised not set off any alarm bells for you?

Here's what it's all about: http://tinyurl.com/lbux2em

Back