Having A Baby In Ba As Non-Residents

In previous threads women have said they cannot get health insurance if they are a certain amount of time into their pregnancy or already pregnant (i forget the specifics) and hospital Aleman isn't a public hospital so you would have to pay for the services. However I don't know if the price would still end up being less than in the US. Hopefully some women who have given birth in BA could give you more insight on that.

My wife and I came here on a tourist visa and had our baby boy at Hospital de Clinicas without paying any money, very good doctors and staff just dont let the beat up building give you a negative impression otherwise everything was very good as far as our experience went. We are waiting on our DNI's now...

In previous threads women have said they cannot get health insurance if they are a certain amount of time into their pregnancy or already pregnant (i forget the specifics) and hospital Aleman isn't a public hospital so you would have to pay for the services. However I don't know if the price would still end up being less than in the US. Hopefully some women who have given birth in BA could give you more insight on that.

I have been informed otherwise. It is possible to get insurance at the Hospital Aleman when pregnant, but it requires buying into their plan. I believe that it is 10,000 pesos. Then one can begin to purchase insurance. The straight out cost for the birth is 35-45k pesos according to a message we received from the hospital staff.

We got the insurance when she was 8 months. We had to pay almost 10.000 to compensate the other 8 months, a good deal anyway.
The a7, the plan you have to get for no less than 1 year is 2500 pesos, 250 dollars for an insurance without limits.
My wife had an infección after the cesárea (her fault 100%), they operate her again. Excelent service and doctors. Lucky us there were not issues with our baby.

I had been at hospital de clínicas and alemán for emergencies. Public hospital are a lot better for emergencies.

My wife was at hospital de clínicas until the 8th months. They have great doctors. It belongs to the UBA.

We decided for the alemán for the hotel service.

However, we had an awful experience at the hospital Fernández. It belongs to the city and doctors are super racist (Macri) My wife is korean and the doctor made a very nasty racist comment and she ran away (literally) when she realize i was going to hit her.

I know a midwife if that is helpful to anyone. She works with a doctor who will come and sleep on the couch if that helps confidence,just in case he is needed. That costs more, of course. I have no idea what the charges are but it is an option if that appeals to anyone.

Back