Heads up: Strike to affect all national flights, outgoing international flights

bradlyhale said:
Tomorrow after 12:00 p.m., all domestic flights will be canceled due to Wednesday's paro. Any outgoing international flights will also be canceled.

The paro won't affect incoming international flights, however.

http://www.infobae.com/notas/655556...ra-vuelos-a-partir-de-manana-al-mediodia.html

I don't get it (maybe because I don't know Spanish) but international flights coming in are fine but they won't be able to go out? So the airplanes coming in from wherever will have to do a stopover (or rather a long and expensive layover) at EZE?

Would appreciate it someone could clarify that.

Because many of the workers at the airports in maintenance etc are part of the CGT union, the planes will be able to land but they won't be able to take off because of lack of staff to perform any checks / refueling etc etc of planes

Cordobese said:
Oh my beautiful Argentina.......even if I want to leave you now, I cant.

You can always swim across the river and fly home from Uruguay.

Its just like England in the 1970s, (Except there is not Ziggy Stardust !)

va2ba said:
You can always swim across the river and fly home from Uruguay.

By the time he gets to Uruguay, the staff there will probably be high on weed since they just legalized it. Reality is, he's just plain effed!

nicoenarg said:
By the time he gets to Uruguay, the staff there will probably be high on weed since they just legalized it. Reality is, he's just plain effed!

Hahah...I am not terribly concerned as I have no immediate plans to leave.....just found it funny all outbound flights will be cancelled.

PhilipDT said:
I have a flight on thursday. Should I be worried?
I would say there are bound to be problems with trying to accommodate everyone who could not fly Wednesday. In other words, check-in on line and print your boarding pass if you can. Even doing that, I would still arrive at the airport as early as you can. You don't want to arrive late and find that you have been bumped.

Back