Heads up: Strike to affect all national flights, outgoing international flights

PhilipDT said:
I have a flight on thursday. Should I be worried?

Nah. Just accept that you live in a fucked up 3rd world country and relax. No point on getting worried, as this is just the way things are here.
The thrill of uncertainty is what makes life in Argentina so exciting.
Do you know who sad and unhappy those Chileans are? They live a miserable life knowing that the airports and subways will operate normally every day. They carry the burden of living the monotony of seeing the same prices for food and services month after month.

It is hell, hell I tell you. Count your lucky stars that you live is such a blessed place like Argentina.

camberiu said:
Nah. Just accept that you live in a fucked up 3rd world country and relax. No point on getting worried, as this is just the way things are here.
Do you know who sad and unhappy those Chileans are? They live a miserable life knowing that the airports and subways will operate normally every day. They carry the burden of living the monotony of seeing the same prices for food and services month after month.

It is hell, hell I tell you. Count your lucky stars that you live is such a blessed place like Argentina.

If I didn't know you better from your posts here, I'd think you were serious. Being that I have actually read this kind of BS from some on this forum.

But good job. Cracked me up!

Nicely put!
Without wishing to add fuel to the fire (we have CFK to do that for us), why has she decided to withdraw Police from 'supervising' the march tomorrow?
What is she expecting? Or is she really trying to say that she simply doesn't care about this march and the demands being made?

surfing said:
I would say there are bound to be problems with trying to accommodate everyone who could not fly Wednesday. In other words, check-in on line and print your boarding pass if you can. Even doing that, I would still arrive at the airport as early as you can. You don't want to arrive late and find that you have been bumped.

I have some friends who always offer to get bumped, and they have scored free plane tickets, free five-star hotel stays, or vouchers for discounts for future flights at various times, and I think one time an upgrade to business class. Maybe you DO want to get bumped - especially if you offer!

joelie said:
I have some friends who always offer to get bumped, and they have scored free plane tickets, free five-star hotel stays, or vouchers for discounts for future flights at various times, and I think one time an upgrade to business class. Maybe you DO want to get bumped - especially if you offer!
You are talking about what you can potentially get ONLY IF you are already confirmed for boarding and they ask for volunteers. If you are involuntarily bumped you take whatever peanuts the airline offers (non-negotiable). Things like the order in which people checked in and/or arrived at the airport can certainly come into play on oversold flights.

Monitor the incoming flight from your destination city the night before you depart. It will be the plane you depart with at EZE. Hope that makes sense. Your flight out of EZE could be delayed because of the strike, but at least you will know your plane is at EZE. Big deal is canceling flights into EZE. No plane in, no flight out of EZE. Went through that nightmare more than once last year: volcanic ash.

camberiu said:

Once again, you seem to have no shame (nor do you even seem to understand that you should be ashamed) in admitting that you value lowly creature comforts above truly important values in life, such as culture, nightlife, and a cosmopolitan (and above all not boring) life.

And these enduring ideals you are willing to exchange for a sterile, narrow-minded, class-centered society, just to satisfy your materialistic bourgeois needs.

What a philistine.

I'm arriving at Ezeiza tomorrow morning. Does anyone know if taxis will be working?

BienTeVeo said:
I'm arriving at Ezeiza tomorrow morning. Does anyone know if taxis will be working?

If you're coming in the morning you're fine. If you're coming after 12 (more like around 2) then taxis might be available but they won't have gas in them. Unless Steve can provide you with a couple of his horses...

Back